Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

I'm going to be up this week at weight watchers and its so bad, I don't want to go. I think I'm up about 3 pounds. What should I do?
    Any suggestions welcome.

Stop paying to go to something you hate, and do your own weightloss scheme at home?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Paula (29-04-15)

Do you actually enjoy weight watchers at all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I like the fact that it makes me get up on a Thursday, get myself ready and meet other people that have the same problem as me. They all know what it's like to have weight to lose. I do enjoy it when I go and I know that I'll put the weight back on in no time if I don't go. At least with weight watchers its going up one week and going down the next.

OK, so what about instead of doing weight watchers, going to some sort of exercise class once a week instead?

Yes Rose. There is a swimming pool near where I live that has a gym upstairs. I've never thought about gym before. I thought it was only for thin people!

Aqua aerobics might be good for you? Less pressure on your body and no swimming involved? I know you struggle with back pain.
    But it still gives the sense of a community and meeting people, but you'll actually lose weight at the same time, rather than being made to feel bad about it?
    I know I am being down on WW, but I never really fancied it myself, ever since years ago I had an old manager who used to go and she said basically you get weighed in front of everyone and then feel bad about whatever the outcome is. She hated it too.

My friend used to help someone who ran a WW class. Every week she had to prepare a report for Head Office with all sorts of stats. Not one of those stats was about weight loss - all they cared about were numbers of people and how much money was made. The organisation doesn't really want you to lose weight, as they lose paying members. In fact, yoyo dieters are perfect for them. however, if it's helping, then that's great
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've decided that I will go to weight watchers tomorrow. I'm going to be up, but I'll ask the leader if she can suggest something that could get me moving weight wise. If she doesn't then I'm not going back. I'm still not great at the walking at the moment, but aqua aerobics sounds like a good idea.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (29-04-15)

I'm glad that you've made a decision which seems to be the best thing for you lovely..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!