Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

The main reason I have put off the wedding is because I wanted to concentrate first on changing job, and then on moving house. If I take on too much at once then I get overwhelmed and nothing gets done. My weight is another factor, but not the most important one.
    TBH I am not all that concerned with what OH thinks, my weight is about me. I am the biggest I have ever been, and I don't feel comfortable being this size, I am not going to feel comfortable in a dress or having lots of photos taken of me.
    I think being a size 12 is an achieveable goal for my wedding (I am 14-16 now) and I think size 12 is a nice size anyway. I like having some curves. Having spent my teenage years as a size 6-8, I would never go back to that.

Today I have eaten sensibly and had a long walk. I feel tired, hungry, but pretty good

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-12-14)

so you're halfway there
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well done rose. I hate the way I look at the moment. A size 24 is tight on me and the choice of clothes in my size are less than flattering. Its elastic waist bands all the way. I can't decide to just put on an outfit because I like it, I just put clothes on that fit me.
    Good luck with your wedding plans.

I think the choice of clothes for bigger women is appalling. Have you tried simplybe?

I've tried oxendales, but they are very expensive, I've tried simplybe but again quite expensive. I think that the high street shops need to expand their ranges to fit a larger person. Paco, sell out of their bigger sizes first, being left with the sizes 10 to 14.
    I just wish I could walk into a shop and pick out something and be able to bring it to the till, and know that what I have will fit me.
    Marks and Spencer have an outlet in Galway but they don't have a great selection in store. Their website is very good though and their returns policy is very customer friendly and you can return to the local shop.

I am around a 20-22 depending on the shop, but yoursclothing has a good range and the price is quite reasonable too....

Never heard of yoursclothing but I'll look them up and see what they have.

Very.co.uk are good (part of littlewoods group)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yours clothing is brilliant and very is brilliant too
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Very.co.uk are the ones who were able to deliver my fridgefreezer before Christmas. We were desperately trying to find someone who would deliver quickly and then, Suzi, I remembered you mentioning them in an earlier post. Thankyou!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Suzi (28-12-14)