Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

When I was really ill, I lost about 2.5 stone, and hardly anyone commented which honestly made me feel really upset!

Yes, that is really upsetting. I've had to tell people that I've lost weight. With all the effort, you'd think that more people would notice. I'll have to carry a big sign to tell everyone that I've lost the weight.

Magie06. Don't be too hard on your self. We all drop of the wagon, so you had a little of something you fancy. My friend is a great believer in planning. She cooks her meals and freezes them the night before.
    And yes. She dose go to the chip shop.
    It is the same with exercise, just make sure you are doing them correctly.
    Think your doing great.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    Its only now that people have started to notice that I've actually lost some weight. I just wish I could shrink to my wedding size again.
    Hunni, I doubt there are many women who are the size they were when they married. The stress of preparations alone make you lose weight. My wedding dress was bought 6 weeks before I got married and was huge on me on the day!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My dress fitted me, it just got too long for me. As a result of losing even more weight apparently. I had to bring it to the dressmaker two days before the wedding.

If wedding planning is a way to lose weight I had better get onto it
    Part of the reason I have put off the wedding is so that I can lose weight beforehand. I'd like to be a size 12 ideally.

I have totally fallen off the wagon, so to speak. I was great with the cookies for days and now I am eating them again. Damn!

They reduced the aero baubles in tesco to 4 euro, who could resist such a bargain?
    No seriously, I really have to stop eating rubbish.
    I can't even go for a walk yet this morning. The footpaths are way too slippy, especially for me with bad balance.
    I'll do a few jobs, take a shower and see then about going for a walk.

Rose, OH loves you the way you are, and my hubby married me 3 months post natal, with severe PND and his best friend's child in tow. If you're putting it off to save money etc, great. If it's because of your weight well, as my grandad used to say, every bride looks perfect on their wedding day!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hunni's you really need hugs and to give yourself at least a little bit of a break...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I joined SW a few months ago, though not done well, so I told the consultant that I am having a good Christmas foodwise and then come New Year I am going to eat healthier and that means something like a Freddo chocolate frog each day.
    Also exercise more, become a couch potato again, so might start off with a 100 calorie burning exercise sheet. Got it from Health Trainer. So shall start that before January.
    Even if it's just marching on the spot only, just to get off my bum, it'll be something!
    I too have back probs, it could be sciatica, however, I have been naughty by not putting my orthotics in my trainers. So whilst I'm in house I shall wear them!