Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

I've been to the chipper this lunchtime. I couldn't face the cooking and the cleaning up you have to do after every meal. I've also had a flake chocolate bar this afternoon and now I feel like a complete failure. I didn't keep to my points or anything. By the time I go back to weight watchers I'll have undone all my hard work from before Christmas. I'm such a failure. Why can't I be like other people, and stick to my points?

You are NOT a failure. I doubt there are many people who have been able to stick to their diets over Christmas.
    Its very unlikely you have put on 2 stone in just a few days.
    How would you feel about going for a winter walk tomorrow?

Magie, that is not failing, that is normal for everybody over this time of year! So you are like other people - no one sticks to their points now.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Magie you sound totally normal to me!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I've not being doing my exercises for my back either . I've got out of the habit of them and really need to get back to them. I lack the motivation to do them, like I lack the motivation to get back on track with my diet. I've let things slide for the past three to four days and it's got to stop. Starting tomorrow, I'm back full on with the plan, and the exercises are back on the time table again tomorrow.

That's fine, just don't be too harsh to yourself lovely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Remind me, hunni. Why do you need to continue to do these hour long exercises? X
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula, I've had 2 spinal operations in the last 2 years. Actually the anniversary of the first is in january. Anyway, the exercises are from the physio to strengthen both the muscles in my back and my core muscles, to help with the healing of my back.

Perhaps that timing coincides with your weight loss difficulty mentioned in your thread? It must have been very difficult to lose weight with that sort of recovery. As I said, you've done amazingly well!

Its only now that people have started to notice that I've actually lost some weight. I just wish I could shrink to my wedding size again.