Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

Great about the loss, but hunni pain is your body's way of saying stop. Please listen to it.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Rose, how do you do it then? (The walks I mean) I really can't walk very far, I mean the next estate is only about half a mile or so up the road. I should be able to walk that far. But when I walk, I get pains in the front of my legs, and then I get sore in my back. I think I might be transfering my weight from my front to my back, if that explains it in any way. I think the muscles are lazy from not being used for such a long time.

I'm back from my gp now. All is okay, I just need to practice my pelvic floor exerxises. The walking has to be increased, the fluid intake is fine, bp is perfect, and weight loss is okay. Just keep it all up. Easier said than done, but its another person to disappoint if I don't lose my weight. A pound a week is obtainable, which gives me 12 pounds lighter, before the Communion. I know that its more about the sacrament, but I would love to be smaller by then. I said to Aisling that I don't want to be the biggest mum in the church. She understands what I'm doing at the moment, and helps with my button reminder every week.

Another person to disappoint? Hunni, please don't put that sort of pressure on yourself - your doctor sees hundreds of patients a week so, with the best will in the world, is not emotionally invested in you enough to suffer disappointment. And no one else is going to be disappointed - you're not doing this for OH or A, you should be doing this for your own health and for no other reason. A loves you, and it doesn't matter what size you are at Communion, you're always the mum she loves.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Magie, I think hills make the pains in my legs worse so I try to stick to flat land and proper paths. My heels also hurt from walking, I think my boots need some cushioning inside.
    I just make sure I don't overdo it I suppose, and do 10 minutes and then another 10 minutes later on in the day, rather than 20 minutes all at once.
    Do you have a wii at home? Wii Just Dance really pushes me and gets my heart going.
    I think you should try swimming, I can't swim very well so its not really an option for me.
    As well as losing weight, I wanted to get my resting heart rate down so I have to do something that gets my heart going.
    I am considering maybe zumba or spin class, I can go while OH is swimming as both are in the same place.
    Today is supposed to be an 'on' day for exercise, but I did a reasonable amount yesterday.
    I had a Chinese takeaway last night (naughty, naughty)... and guess what, two hours after eating it, I was hungry again.

Also, I get the thing with disappointing people, I feel like everyone is on at me to lose weight. But I think putting pressure on yourself is more likely to push you towards snacking and naughty foods. Dieting is hard and you should be kind to yourself throughout.

I got 2 dresses thanks to my personal shopper. One is red and black, and the other is royal blue and black. The red one is already a little too big, size 22,, and the other one is a little too small, size 20. I also bought the shoes to match. In total because one of the dresses was off the sale rail, it came to 75 euro. I was expecting to spend a lot more than that. Now I have to get a little edge to edge box jacket in black and some black pearls or something similar and I am finished.
    I have my job cut out now to lose my pound per week.

Ooh post some photos! I am not feeling confident enough yet to buy clothes that are too small.

No problem Rose. I'll go on my laptop one of these days, and I'll be able post photos properly.
    Does anyone out there know how many calories are in a standard portion of mince with carrot and onion added and a gravy sauce added? I already know how many are in the potatoes so it's the meat. Thanks