Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

Weight loss thread

I thought we could use a thread to have a discussion about why we want to lose weight.
    Weight gain and loss is common for those suffering from depression, and it can add to low mood if we don't feel confident in ourselves.

NHS weight/height chart for reference:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/healthy-l...ght-chart.aspx

When I was a teenager, I was underweight and could not put weight on.
    Now in my early 30s, I currently weigh just under 15 stone. Due to a medical condition, I need to be a healthy weight. For my height, this is around between 8 and 11 stone. I would be happy to get to anything within the healthy range but I am aiming for 10 stone.
    I have put a lot of weight on recently; my nemesis is chocolate cookies.
    Being heavier, I find it harder to move around and I didn't realise how difficult it was to shop for bigger sizes. Many clothes just aren't flattering and I don't feel confident about my body.
    I have never been good at sport and I am very self-conscious about exercising, so losing weight is difficult for me.

BUT, I have to lose weight. If anyone else wants to jump in this thread, please do. We can cheer each other along!

northantsgirl
    me too I have put a lot of weight on recently due to drinking too much, eating junk late at night and not exercising enough - I have a gym membership but my depression makes it difficult for me to drag myself out of the house and go! My parents have bought me a heart rate monitor for the gym for Christmas to encourage me to go and i am debating rejoining weight watchers i need to lose a good few stone
    I also have asthma and high blood pressure exercise will help both as will weight loss but at the same time i have to be careful not to over exert myself

rose I really need to make 2015 the year I do something about my weight. I've steadily crept up in weight since 2000 and need to lose around 5-6 stone I reckon.

For me its about having some clothes in the wardrobe I'd like to wear but they don't fit, about presenting myself at interviews and then at a new job and feeling like I am fit and healthy and look my best, wanting to set up in business on my own and wanting people to buy in to my business but right now I don't think I can be in a health related business and be this overweight. I'd also like to start going out a bit more and maybe look to join dating websites so I want to feel good about me..... I also worry that any hereditary health issues in the family

I am terrible for chocolate and anything sweet...... and once the pack is open then boom they've all gone......

This year I lost 2 stone. Next year I have to lose 5 more to lose to be in the healthy range for height. I'm following the weight watchers plan, because I can't do it on my own.

Hi Rose - one thing that is important is that you don't eat late. Usually I have my dinner before 8 in the evening so it leaves time for it to be digested before I go to sleep. Even if you are not into exercise even a simple walk can make such a big difference. Will you new job involve a walk at all (eg. from a train station to your workplace).
    One thing that I think is important is that you don't beat yourself up if you do have a biscuit or a bit of chocolate every now and then. If you try to cut it out completely then if you do have one you will really beat yourself up about it. Obviously do cut down on it, maybe one bit of chocolate after lets say 4 days as a reward for going that long without it?
    I hope you won't dismiss this because I'm an exercise nutter

FOUR DAYS? *Faints* I think I would die if I didn't eat chocolate for 4 days!
    Depending on the route I take to work, I could end up walking a mile from the carpark/trainstation, which is quite good. The new job has a free gym apparently.
    Of course I won't dismiss it!

Not saying I need to lose weight but last time I sunbathed on the beach a bunch of greenpeace activists started throwing buckets of water over me and tried rolling me into the sea :p

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

OldMike (24-11-15),rose (23-12-14)

Mira
    haha Stella

I am also overweight and its because of eating. I am now 109 kilograms and for a guy my height I need to be 74 kilograms.

When I was weightlifting every trainer told me that gaining muscle and losing weight and looking good was a mix of 80% nutricion and 20% exersise.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I need to lose around half my body weight but struggle losing anything no matter what I try. I did however, manage 3 months with no chocolate or crisps at all!!!! *brags*

I need to lose loads too...
    We have a private healthy living and weight loss section if anyone wants access all they need to do is send me a pm..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!