Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Charity Shop Bargain!

I miss charity shops

A couple of Christmases ago when I was out of work I did a lot of my Christmas shopping via charity shops - it's amazing what you can get and in a way I think it doubles the value of the gift - someone gets a gift and I've donated to a charity on their behalf, too.

john d
    That's pretty much how I view it Aspasia.its a win situation for all involved.I buy just about everything from charity shops,draw the line at underwear tho,and hats

The one thing for me is second-hand books and CDs though. If it's a dead author I will, if the author is alive I won't. I believe authors and artists should get the revenue from their creations.

Oddly, I don't know why I don't think that about clothes. I mean, someone must have designed those too - yet I view it completely differently.

john d
    Six secondhand cds for a tenner!
    Can't go wrong at that price

john d
    For 3 pounds I've just purchased at t-shirt. not any old t-shirt but a Quantum Leap t-shirt.
    On the front it has "Oh Boy" on it with the Quantum Leap logo in the middle and on the back which is the best bit it has the entire opening dialogue from the begging of the program written on the back!
    Yes I'm a sci-fi geek but the t-shirt makes me happy
    Bargain!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to john d For This Useful Post:

S deleted (12-12-14)

OMG Quantum Leap was EPIC! I loved that when I was younger!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

S deleted (12-12-14)

I loved Quantum Leap but then got really miffed when they made him the captain on Enterprise because that was just wrong. People shouldn't cross over sci-fi franchises like that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aspasia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-12-14)

john d
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    I loved Quantum Leap but then got really miffed when they made him the captain on Enterprise because that was just wrong. People shouldn't cross over sci-fi franchises like that.
    I was a bit like that but after a bit a got past it and now Archer is my second favourite captain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to john d For This Useful Post:

S deleted (12-12-14)

I totally love Quantum Leap and think I might have to treat myself to the box set for Christmas

john d
    Do it Stella,I got the boxset a few years back as a x-mas present.timeless classic.
    What amazes me is how Scott Baccula doesn't seem to hardly age,even in enterprise he still looks pretty much the same as he did in Q Leap