Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Welf

Went to the psycologist this afternoon, and we had another talk. He still does not think I suffer from depression but wonders where the SH comes from. He will write to the psychiatrist if there is another pill we could try.

Other then that he said you need to go out and do sports.......... I have done that for years and that did nothing for me.
    I need to try and say no to people, I have been trying that and all that happens is it leads to arguments.
    Then he said I should move out again. I know that my mother could do very well on here own. But I think this is a hard isseu.

Don't see whats the point anymore right now. One the one hand he said to me there are so many people that have low selfesteem etc etc, but I am somebody that needs to follow a plan. Feeling very low now so i am going to try and sleep.

Please tell me if you want me to stop posting here but I am worried and I don't want to sit back without giving you my opinion.

Firstly, I am concerned you still have headaches every day, even though you are not on Citalopram anymore. Has your doctor investigated these? Have you had an eye test recently? I just don't think you should be getting them everyday.
    Secondly, is this the psychologist you have had all along? He seems a bit fluffy to me... I think before depression is ruled out they should at least try you on another medication to see if they can lift your mood. I think its worth chasing that up next week to see if something new has been prescribed.

Big hugs and hope you have a restful nap

If he doesn't think you have depression, why is he advocating another medication? Maybe there is an underlying condition but that doesn't mean you can't have depression on top of that, or even because of that. I wish you weren't struggling like this but I would never say that what you're going through isn't real.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    If he doesn't think you have depression, why is he advocating another medication?
    I wonder the same thing.

I do not know to be honoust, sometimes I think he just started this job. But somehow it leaves me hanging

@Rose, you are Always welcome to post on my threads. I know sometimes its not easy for me. I am a weird guy. But your insights and views are very very welcome. I welcome everybody's views.

Erm, can you call your Dr and ask him to be honest with you and for him to tell you what's going on?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

When I have my next appointment with the psychiatrist I will ask a bit deeper. Not just oh you are ok and see you. But more to the core. Although after the pschycologist telling me that if the previous psychologist and he can not help me what is there to do? Well am I that special that I am the first person ever to have these troubles? I do not think so.

You are special, but no, you're not the only one
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Thats why I found his remarks a bit strange. I think that how sad it is there are so many who have the same issues.

I have been reading your threads and you are special too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Welf For This Useful Post:

Paula (02-06-14)