Page 1 of 137 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Welf

Welf

There are so many things I would change if I could. I do try but it never seems to be enough. I wonder what needs to happen before I can find my path and start having better days without talking down to myself.

Today I went to play a few frames of snooker with my brother (I am proud I had a break of 21 last week). And somehow I feel we are drifting apart. He is very selfish and has a very hurtful sense of humor. But still I do not say anything because I do not want there to be anger around us. But I do need to stand up for myself because I can feel this is getting the better of me. And I am like this in so many situations. I cant stand myself for being such a push over.

I know that there are many times I can not seem to handle posting in this section, but I do value all your opinions so I need to keep trying.

Thanks all for being so patient with me. I know so well what is "wrong" with me but changing things that have been in place so long is almost impossible to change.

When I am feeling a bit better and want to change i listen to this clip. Its a motivation for a baseball team in the USA, but some parts are so spot on for my troubles. The part that is a perfect fit is from 1.26 minutes. Change the sport parts to depression and it gives me goosebumps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Welf For This Useful Post:

Amaya (01-06-14)

And there are so many things I would be sad if you changed about you. You brother is difficult, yet you still work hard to keep a relationship with him going. Family is important and you see that. I know you struggle posting on others threads, yet you continue to do so, offering encouragement in your own very gentle way. You thank us for being patient with you, and yet I think your patience towards every member of this forum is amazing.

You are a very, very special man and one that enriches this forum constantly
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Amaya (01-06-14),KellyB31 (31-05-14),Miss Molly (02-09-14),Welf (01-06-14)

That is so true Paula.

Welf, don't change too much about yourself. The real you who I've had the privileged opportunity to meet here is someone I'd love to always be able to class as a true friend. You don't judge, you are kind, you are thoughtful, you are a truly beautiful person in the real sense of the phrase. I am honoured to know you lovely x
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

knowlesy (01-06-14),Welf (01-06-14)

Welf, you cant change who YOU are. You can change specific negative behaviours that your not happy with. The first one for all sufferers is the habits that add to it such as staying up late, staying indoors etc. It takes ages & theres plenty of setbacks. Next step & part of it comes with the 1st naturally is to combat negative thinking. All the rest falls into place- SLOWLY. But you can do it

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knowlesy For This Useful Post:

amaeru (01-06-14),Paula (01-06-14),Welf (01-06-14)

Wow, thanks for the great reply's. That lifted my spirits like you would not believe. I know there are good sides to who I am, they just get overshadowed by the negative dark parts.

You are right knowlesy, I read your reply and a guy I know asked if I came to training today. I skipped it for two weeks but I went. And like most of the times, afterwards it was good to go.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Welf For This Useful Post:

Amaya (01-06-14),knowlesy (01-06-14),Paula (01-06-14)

So glad you went and had a good time!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I was happy about that too.

Only just now I noticed a huge shift in my mood. All of a sudden I went from ok to angry, annoyed, sad, and angry again about everything. And really everything

Going to try and relax this evening and hope it helps.......

Crouching Hitwoman, Hidden Tea Lady amaeru's Avatar
    Glad you went, and enjoyed it too

Mood swings are horrid - try to remember moods are transient and will pass. Even if they are all over the place they do settle eventually. It's horrible while you are on the rollercoaster but you will to feel better once it has run it's course.
    Have you tried mindfulness? Just be aware of how you feel in the moment and observe it as it takes hold, changes and passes.

I hope you don't mind if I post here, if you do then just say and I won't anymore.

From the first day you arrived here I thought you were a nice guy, funny and non-judgemental and intelligent.

I notice that unlike the 'usual' depression trend of your mood starting bad and getting better throughout the day, you seem to be the other way around, with a noticeable dip in the evenings. Is this correct?