Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Where do I begin here .. Well, I'll start with the blazing row I had with my uncle. He goes on & on & on about how I need to sort my life out. He told me I'm a lost cause which I said was rich considerin he collects toys for a living.

Then I went for another interview only to be told they were unable to see me as I was late yet it was my work coach who had given me the wrong times!. He said sorry but I was up all night researchin ..

And if that wasn't enough, today I was removed from my EQL course due to bad attendance. I passed the course but I can't continue & do the maths tests. I've learned so much maths as well & passed the practice test. The guy said I'm a 'bright lad so its a shame'.

When someone tells me that I feel 10x worse because it reminds me what a failure I am in life. I'm 27, on the dole & in my room all day. After tutoring a child & excelling at it I thought 'This is it, finally I'm goin somewhere'. How foolish to even think that, to even hope. It's been relentless disappointment this year ..

If the work coach gave you the wrong time (is it written down) can you ask them to perhaps smooth things over and get you another interview slot?

Did something happen specifically today with the course, were you late or did you not attend the last one?
    Was the test for a proper qualification such as GCSE or NVQ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Sorry you've had a bad day...
    Have you had lots of time off from the course?
    What things are you trying to do to get out of your room and the house and getting out and doing something different?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Everydays a bad day... and I'm too physically fatigued to do anythin about it. Its a combination of my depression, anxiety, loneliness, sleep disorder & Setraline. Do ya know that sayin "Bottling emotions affects ur wellbeing" or along the lines. Well I've been doing that for years & now I'm suppressed of any sense of elated relief.

It make me so despairing when I see these wannabe 'bad boy' types attract all the women. Or just seeing any couple for that matter, or even friends together. I've had this problem ever since I was a kid, alone at school break times. I remember even waking in the early hours, about 7 years old, sitting in the center of my room feeling deeply fearful & lost. At SEVEN years old ..
    Last edited by SA89; 29-03-17 at 10:51 PM.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sorry you've had a bad day...
    Have you had lots of time off from the course?
    What things are you trying to do to get out of your room and the house and getting out and doing something different?
    The reason I don't do anythin about it is because my self worth is so low to even join a group or somethin. I go to my work programme thats it, rest of the time im in bed. I've applied everywhere for work but nothing & I've been sanctioned..

Sweetheart if you are spending all your time in bed then nothing is going to change for you. You have to get up, get washed and dressed and do something different.
    What jobs are you applying for?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

You don't know how lucky you are. You have no job no benefits due to sanctions and yet you still have food in your belly a roof over your head, and the luxury of being able to lie in bed all day. If you aren't happy with your life got off your butt and change it cos no one else is gonna do it for you. Time you stood on your own to feet. I know what it's like to feel so low that I don't wanna get out of bed, or so anxious I'm scared to leave the house, or to have so little self worth that I don't think I deserve anything good in my life, but I want to feel better, I want to be able to enjoy my life so I push myself. If I don't go to the shop for food I don't eat, if I don't pay the bills I have no gas, electric, hot water, phone, broadband etc. Doing nothing will only make my life worse. You need to get up and sort out your benefits or find a job even if it's sweeping the floor and cleaning toilets in a local fast food joint (which for the record is actually an important job as cleanliness and hygiene and all part of a good customer experience).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Sometimes you have to push yourself to do the little things so you don't get trapped in a vicious cycle. Believe me, I know how hard it is. Most days it takes me a couple of hours to drag myself out of bed and another couple of hours to get dressed. Have you thought about getting up and sitting in the garden with a drink for an hour or so? Start with something small. It might be good for you to contact Mind too. Counselling or CBT might help you with your self worth, or a self-esteem course or something.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Sometimes you have to push yourself to do the little things so you don't get trapped in a vicious cycle. Believe me, I know how hard it is. Most days it takes me a couple of hours to drag myself out of bed and another couple of hours to get dressed. Have you thought about getting up and sitting in the garden with a drink for an hour or so? Start with something small. It might be good for you to contact Mind too. Counselling or CBT might help you with your self worth, or a self-esteem course or something.
    I'm trapped in that vicious cycle, it only alleviates slightly when I find hope in something. I felt hopeful when I did my tutoring recently & I had a purpose 'cause I was mentoring a child who had an actual impairment. I just wish I had some friends I could visit to relieve the loneliness. Its such a miserable existence when u have no one but ur mother to turn to..

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    You don't know how lucky you are. You have no job no benefits due to sanctions and yet you still have food in your belly a roof over your head, and the luxury of being able to lie in bed all day. If you aren't happy with your life got off your butt and change it cos no one else is gonna do it for you. Time you stood on your own to feet. I know what it's like to feel so low that I don't wanna get out of bed, or so anxious I'm scared to leave the house, or to have so little self worth that I don't think I deserve anything good in my life, but I want to feel bett).
    I know how fortunate I am compared to people who don't even have a home or clean water. That doesn't make a difference to my mind though. I've always felt like I don't identify with anyone. I'm a realist & I've noticed a lot of people with depression share that line of thinkin of seeing through all the bull****.

Ur right though, I bury my head in the sand because I don't know how to ignite that spark. I'm ashamed of myself so I hide away, drowning in my deep insecurities.

And Suzi, I apply for everythin. I want to get into social care but I need more strings to my bow than tutoring. It p***** me off though how people with no experience at all can walk into a job .

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You won't find friends if you hide yourself away. Contact Mind, see if they have any groups you can attend. Everyone is in the same boat as you so it might be easier knowing people there understand. Look into CBT, it can help change your thinking and enable you to deal with things easier. Also, have a look on fb to see if there are any depression support groups in your local area. A guy near me started one and now they've started having meet ups which are easier as we can all support each other.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Angie (12-04-17),Flo (12-04-17)