Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Yes but it was your only source of income and it got you out of the house.
    Why didn't you go in today?
    True, I get Universal Credit as well so I'm not short at the moment. I pulled the classic 'sleep another 5 minutes, another hour routine' then woke the time I was due in. Ur right in that it's the only form of socializing I have, even if it is 1 day. I'm dreading ringing in tomorrow to check if I'm in, they've got my balls in a tomato slicer..

What is it that you do each day?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What is it that you do each day?
    Generally? Nothing!. My life revolves around watching soaps & playing videogames. Everyone keeps asking me 'HAVE U GOT A GF, HAVE U GOT A GF, HAVE U GOT A GF' it's in irritating. It seems like if u don't have a significant other in this society ur somehow percieved 'abnormal'. My brother's controlling gf makes me appreciate my own freedom tbh, although I'm desperate for someone to subside the loneliness.

I really want to be involved in social care so I'm focusing on that at the moment. I've been prescribed Fluxotine (again) because I've literally tried each depressant available to me from my doctor. I'm very conflicted about these drugs so I'll no doubt put off taking them if my mind tricks me into thinking I'm somewhat 'stable' & then i'll inevitably drop off again into despair .

(Sorry for the wall of text, u must be sick of reading walls of text by now ..)
    Last edited by SA89; 25-04-16 at 07:28 PM.

I am sure you haven't tried each antidepressant as there are many!
    I think you've tried doing this without and it's not been the best for you. So maybe you just need to give these a decent go and see if it helps?

If you aren't doing anything but sitting watching soaps and playing games how are you ever going to get out there and meet new people or prove that you are worth someone employing? You have to get up, get out and do it. Even if you did a college course in social work it shows willing and you are more than capable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Are you signed on with the job centre? Are they able to recommend suitable training for you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    I went out drinking last night & I've gotta say these nightclubs are the WORST places for socializing. Everyone is confined to the people they came in with which is understandable but it does nothing for my self esteem. I paid £3.00 entry to stand in a corner at a place with blaring music. I also came out feeling sick from the aftertaste of disgusting cheap lager. I took my Fluxotine (which I'm on now) an hour before I started drinking. These clubs paint a picture of society as a whole which is not the case but it certainly feels like it when ur in the midst .. And ye Paula I'm on Universal Credit who have referred me to a work programme.

Hunni, whilst I'm thrilled that you went out - clubs aren't great places to get talking to someone! Maybe a pub or something different might be better? But I would also add that drinking when you've just started medication isn't a great plan either..
    When do you start at the work programme?

SA89
    Hey, it's been a while since I posted here so I thought I'd provide an update. I'm about to start volunteering as an ABA therapist (Applied Behavior Analyst) & I'm really nervous. For the next 12 saturday's I'll be working 1-1 with kids who have Autism. My role is to help reinforce positive behavior traits in them so I have to be really spontaneous (make gestures, stop them being aggressive, make face paints etc). Now I really struggle myself to be positive because I've been depressed for years & worry about everything.

The interview was a large group meeting where most applicants were university students. I feel inferior in that respect as I have no formal qualifications in psychology. I'm assuming I got the opportunity by really putting my all into the questionnaire. My 1st training day is this saturday then team building on sunday before the academy opens the following week for the kids. I feel like I'm unable to express emotion anymore, I can't even smile. This is why I'm rather concerned i'll just freeze or something ..
    Last edited by SA89; 14-09-16 at 01:26 AM.

That's brilliant! Well done!

You'll be fine! Just be strict, and praise every good thing you see

Wow! That's incredible! And they would not have given you this opportunity unless they were sure you were right for it as it's such a sensitive role. Well done
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.