Page 94 of 124 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    You're unhappy, and have been for too long, but you really need to find a way to connect with people, potential friends and acquaintances. Staying in your room is not going to achieve that ......
    I'm trying regularly to find new work that'll open up those aspects, along the health & social route. At work I've been connecting fine with the odd few but they'll forever remain acquaintances & its the same wherever I go. I don't post on here too often because I don't want to go round in circles, repeating the same rhetoric. My counsellors don't know what to do with me so why would anyone else. I also make a point of not bombarding u lot with walls of text because u've got enough to read on here without my biography.
    Last edited by SA89; 09-04-16 at 11:40 PM.

Why not find another job in a different field, but related?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Why not find another job in a different field, but related?
    I just wanna help others in some capacity. I think by doing that i'll be helping my own demons in a way. Right now I need to find a way to get my emotional energy right because it's seriously imbalanced. I'm fatigued all the time & I don't feel any 'joy' from anything. I tested myself on my level of depression & the results came back as between high & severe, which is quite alarming. It's no surprise really considering I've been feeling this way for years now ..

Have you done anything about getting out and meeting new people?
    What about a Doctors appointment?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you done anything about getting out and meeting new people?
    What about a Doctors appointment?
    I've been stubbornly trying to fight it without medication but I dunno.. I may need to give in (again..). I wasn't so bad about a week ago because it felt like I was 'going places'. I was excited about a career where I could help others out. Fast forward a week & my depression has plummeted again. My mood was somewhat 'stable' but nothing came of it so I'm back down again. With depression it's so important to keep that stability, I just wish I knew how.. My despair is threatening to spiral again & I'm worried. The job centre has decided to put me on a 'work program' to make me feel even more worthless. I also missed my counsellor appointment so that's scrapped, my mum's in hospital & my gums are full of ulcers. This is shameful self-pity right here ..

I'm sorry your mums in hospital, I hope she's able to go home soon.

Taking meds isn't giving in, it's making a decision to help yourself become well and, to me, that's a positive step
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What do you mean that the counselling is scrapped?
    Hope your Mum's OK..
    I also completely agree with Paula that taking meds is no where near giving in.

SA89
    My head is all over the place.. I went to visit my mum & I broke down straight away. She somehow contracted Shingles which is kinda like Chicken pox. The problem is because she has Lupus it affects her immune system more than the average person. Her blood count is really low so they had to put her on morphine. She looks like a burnt victim because her neck is ravished due to all the itching, causing nerve damage to her neck. Everyone's telling me I need to start buckin my ideas up. I don't deal with stress well at all. I feel like I'm trapped in this deep despair, waiting for the world to collapse around me. My mum's friend told me that anti-depressants are no good. I'm not sure if I agree with her..

Is that why she's in hospital? Morphine is for pain lovely.... I hope she gets much better really soon x

I think that some anti d meds will help you, others might not. There is no exact science on this..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    My head is all over the place.. I went to visit my mum & I broke down straight away. She somehow contracted Shingles which is kinda like Chicken pox. The problem is because she has Lupus it affects her immune system more than the average person. Her blood count is really low so they had to put her on morphine. She looks like a burnt victim because her neck is ravished due to all the itching, causing nerve damage to her neck. Everyone's telling me I need to start buckin my ideas up. I don't deal with stress well at all. I feel like I'm trapped in this deep despair, waiting for the world to collapse around me. My mum's friend told me that anti-depressants are no good. I'm not sure if I agree with her..
    I've had shingles on my back and chest and I wasn't able to take anti-virals (the normal treatment these days) because I was on anti-depressants so I had the old fashioned treatment which had to be painted on the rash.

It's amazing how painful shingles is couldn't bear my clothing touching the rash so painful was nearly driving me up the wall.

When you've had chicken pox and got better the virus stays dormant inside your body then for some reason (I'm not sure why) it can suddenly travel along the nerves to the skin that is shingles, you look at the rash and wonder why it is so painful but believe me it is.

I think if you scratch it or rub it that makes it a hell of a lot worse.

For depression anti-depressants are certainly a good option but you need to see your doctor and tell him/her how you feel.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post: