Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Thing is, you are convinced that it's all about other people and you "not having a break." I do really think that you are going to have to be more proactive. You need to break out of this slump you are in.
    Have you had anyone help you with a CV? What about speaking to someone in careers? What about college? What about asking about work experience? There are so many things you could do...
    What about a local mind group or similar?
    I applied for 10 jobs in the last 2 days, got an interview but it wasn't the 1 I wanted lol. I want to work with people in a support role not baking pasties!. I've worked in a factory before & it was the worst experience ever. I attend the jobcentre fortnightly who helps me with most of that stuff. I don't post on here too often because I don't wanna become dependent on peoples reassurance. Is it true that an employer will give u a chance based on ur references?. I'm lookin to develop my people skills but the best I can put on my CV is that 'I've volunteered as a receptionist in a care environment' .

Every job you do requires people skills, not just the customer-facing ones.
    You did send me your CV but it was ages ago, I don't really feel qualified to give advice at the moment, sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

I wonder whether you are putting enough into your CVs.. What kind of jobs are you applying for? Surely any job and getting out and meeting new people is better than sitting around during the day with people you don't like?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    When I'm chattin & smiling with a girl I like it feels like there's a glimmer of hope at the end of this dark tunnel. But then she tells me she has a bf & my depression escalates back to deep despair. She even said I was cute. I smile so much more when I'm chattin to girls because it gives me hope but nothing ever materializes .. U may think that's trivial but for me its a big deal because I've never experienced the love of a gf & I'm 26. I apply for everythin Suzi & Rose I appreciate u lookin at my CV.

Hugo-agogo
    Don't run yourself down SA89, if you can chat with a girl you're doing alright. Don't fixate on where it might lead or place so much emphasis on being in a relationship.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo-agogo For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo-agogo View Post
    Don't run yourself down SA89, if you can chat with a girl you're doing alright. Don't fixate on where it might lead or place so much emphasis on being in a relationship.
    Thanks mate, its the hope that kills me. All I want is something meaningful to get up for. I'm like an old man, in my pyjamas all day drinking tea & watchin soaps. I don't go out because I don't have friends to go out with. I worry about everything. I'm ridiculously insecure because I'm not doin anythin with my life & I feel a lot of pressure because of it ..

The more you stay in wearing your pjs, drinking tea and watching soaps the more you will be lonely and aren't going to get any better. Did you ever do anything proactive about things like joining a local mind group?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    When I listen to music it brings back that essence that I know is the real me. It makes me express myself & stirs an array of emotions I thought i'd lost. It makes me dance in my room which is weird but it's an emotion that has since abandoned me. But i'll then proceed to break down in a flood of sheer despair knowing that 'feeling' is in stark contrast to the reality I'm facing. A reality of profound emptiness with no friends to share my expression ..

What have you done to try to get out and meet new people since you posted here last?

You're unhappy, and have been for too long, but you really need to find a way to connect with people, potential friends and acquaintances. Staying in your room is not going to achieve that ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: