Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Why do you think you are not like them? Did you stop to consider that many people struggle with their self-esteem?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

You aren't a lost cause at all. There are plenty of people who haven't had a girlfriend. That doesn't make them "a loser" at all. That's just ridiculous.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Hey, just updating u guys. I'm still being rejected by every job out there & as u can imagine I'm really depressed because of it. My voluntary has since told me not to go in for a month because of office arrangements & I'm rarely on the rota at my part time job. It doesn't help that I'm from Bolton which is apparently the 4th most deprived area in the North West. I'm in my room 24/7 & I'm constantly feeling fatigued. I wanna go out tonight but I'm scared what alcohol would do to my troubled mindset ..

It's lovely to hear from you, I was wondering how things were going! What about going back to college? What about different voluntary work?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Ha thanks . I went clubbin last night & once again it was a strange experience. Dancing with strangers just feels so weird to me & it doesn't feel right to approach a stranger in this environment. These clubs are full of people that get 100 likes on their Facebook pictures. People around me expect me to 'pull' but how is that possible in such a superficial environment. Regarding my career, I've been considering ways to get into support work. I need to do something because to be doing nothing at 26 is quite scary ..

It's been very many years since I went clubbing, but I can tell you that the clubs aren't all full of people with "100 likes"... Sweetheart you need to stop thinking that everyone else is more popular and confident than you - they all aren't!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I really hope I don't wake up tomorrow. I'm tired of being lonely & I'm tired of being unemployable. I try & try to catch a break but no employer will give me a chance. Yet my cousin like many others just walks into a job without any experience as a support worker. I'd love an opportunity like that, anythin to get me away from my hole 1 day a fortnight kitchen role..

On top of that I have to put up with the worlds most annoying couple, rammed down my throat 24/7. Literally every conversation revolves around my brother & his stupid in loudmouth gf splittin up, gettin back together bla bla bla.. My mum loves them, I can't stand them. Sorry for the rant but it reinforces my loneliness, I'm just trapped in my room & I'm not a bad lookin guy ..

SA89... Please, please, please go and get some help. Go and see your Dr tomorrow.
    You aren't unemployable.. Did you ever take Rose up on her offer to look through your CV? Are you applying for the right kind of jobs?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    SA89... Please, please, please go and get some help. Go and see your Dr tomorrow.
    You aren't unemployable.. Did you ever take Rose up on her offer to look through your CV? Are you applying for the right kind of jobs?
    Like I've said before its not different tablets I need (I'm on citalopram 20mg after goin full circle), I just need a break in life. If I had a new job or a girlfriend i'd feel better because I've never been on the level of suicidal. I'm on a waiting list to see a psych. I apply for admin & support work yet I don't even get a response despite having voluntary experience in both. People on Facebook are always bragging about getting a new job, probably because they know a friend of a friend. Life is so much harder without friends to give u a leg up..

Thing is, you are convinced that it's all about other people and you "not having a break." I do really think that you are going to have to be more proactive. You need to break out of this slump you are in.
    Have you had anyone help you with a CV? What about speaking to someone in careers? What about college? What about asking about work experience? There are so many things you could do...
    What about a local mind group or similar?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: