Page 91 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

I'm pleased you've started the meds again, have you seen your GP?

Unfortunately, you've isolated yourself from potential friendships, it seems, and now are angry with people because you feel isolated. That's not really fair on the people you meet tbh.

My hubby's less than an inch taller than you, my daughter is 4'11" and confident. Height is not a barrier to friendships or relationships. have you thought about talking to your GP about your nose and whether a 'nose job' would be suitable? It may be that, if it's considered that detrimental to your mental health, they could do the surgery on the NHS.

Things can change, but you need to find a way make that change happen for you - everyone else is too busy dealing with their own to figure out yours
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I didn't say that you were a dickhead and to be frank if that's what I thought then a) I'd say it and b) I'd not spend time trying to help...

My husband isn't much taller than you, and I'm sure your nose isn't as big as his or his Dad's!
    I don't doubt for one second growing up with a Mum who has lupus was easy and I think it's amazing and positive and wonderful to know how much you love her - but you have the option to change it all...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    My other dog was put to rest today, apparently it had a tumour. It was struggling all night with its balance with its head tilted sideways, my mums in hysterics. It was an old dog at 17 so we knew what was coming. Its weird that both my dogs have gone within 6 weeks. My head is too messed up for it to sink in, I'm really emotionally imbalanced. Citalopram has helped take the edge off somewhat but hasn't helped this 'emptyiness' I have inside me. Anyway, I'm due to see a psychiatrist soon ..

I'm so sorry about your dog, I know the heartache over losing our pets. I'm glad you're seeing a psychiatrist, please, please be honest about everything - maybe print out some of your posts here?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I am so sorry about your dog. I am glad your seeing the psychiatrist soon, as Paula has said, be honest and tell how things are
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

So sorry for your loss..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I really don't know how to respond right now but i'll briefly try. Take this as self-pitying or whatever, this is just my story. My head is a mess thanks to years & years of built up stress stemmin from an isolated childhood. Ever since I was a kid I've shut myself away in my room. I saw my mum on deaths door through Lupus when I was young but she's still here fighting fit. That had an effect on me alongside my anxiety issues at school which carried through secondary school & onto college. My low self-esteem due to my big nose & 5'5 height obviously played its part amongst other factors like never having a gf. I think a father figure would have really helped give me some independence hence my over-reliance on my mum. These are not excuses but u can understand why I have a cluster of insecurities. I've always been polite & friendly, so ye I don't think ur entirely fair in ur assessment. I'm not this dickhead u may think I am. Anyway I've restarted the drugs again..
    My dad was only 5' 6" and he shrank to about 5' 4" as he got in to old age and he also had a big nose and he was really confident and out going both in social situations and at home. I've worked with other smaller guys and they were outgoing too so to use a cliche size isn't everything. I'm only 5' 8" so I'm small compared to 6 footers.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

I am so sorry about your dog. I think right now you have every right to feel sad and empty. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Piglet
    I'm sorry about you losing your dogs so close together. (((hugs)))

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Piglet For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Thanks. Whenever I'm involved with work my depression seems to escalate. Its not so much being around people, its more to do with my struggles & insecurities around them. The majority are on another level of social status from me. When I come home I'm almost close to tears because it brings to light everything that has made me a social loser up until this point. I'm really friendly towards every1, but I'm just not like them. My issues run deep from being awkward at school, scared to get dressed in changin rooms, havin little friends and never havin a gf. I'm tryna keep this brief, I'm a lost cause.. I'm so miserable & lost without a future .