Page 88 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Ye thats true, I'm just really scared to commit to something I'm not 100% on. I'd be so anxious of failing & lumbered with debt with nothing to show for it. I'm ridiculously indecisive, even in a sweet shop. This ties in with how anxious I am & constantly worrying about the future. I've always been like this & drive people mad with this mentality. And Suzi I want to prove that I can better myself without relying on drugs.
    I was like you for a while in that I didn't want to go back to AD's having been off them for a few years as I thought the exercise was doing would help me. However I slowly learned that they took the edge off the really really bad times. They are not the complete solution but a combination of them along with talking therapy is the best way forward. Maybe you could start on a small dose and see how you feel with that, I wouldn't rule it out completely but please do consider it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amc204 For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-01-16),Suzi (07-01-16)

If you were diabetic would you take insulin? Why is this different?

I know in the past you have commented on your brother smoking cannabis. Do you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Right so I've been referred to see a psychiatrist (straight jacket here I come!) & I'm considerin going back on the drugs. My counsellor says its absolutely possible to alleviate depression without them, thats why I'm so adamant against them. I've read back on some early posts from u lot as its still relevant to how I am right now. And no I don't smoke weed lol

I just had to check re the weed...

Glad that you're being referred - be aware it may be a long wait though. I know you can alleviate depression without drugs, but in some cases the meds are what helps you to be more stable before the therapy..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

This is a positive step. The psychiatrist will be able to prescribe different combinations of meds.

SallyGreenwood
    It was my brothers girlfriends 18th, I went with my cousin. My mum pushed me to get out & I turned out to be the life & soul of the place . I don't want to have to rely on drink to make me feel good though. Is it possible to be in a consistently good place in ur mind?. All I ever feel is consistent despair.
    Hey, so
    1. I use to have depression/ still have it midly. BUT... I would say I am reasonably consistently content. This doesn't mean all the time, or that I am bouncing off the walls happy all the time. But it means I think if I had only one phrase to describe my most common feeling of 2015 it would be "contented but anxious (about the future)" Ironically one of the reasons I am anxious is I am now thinking ... wow it did get better, hope it stays like that. But my plan for 2016 is to deal with anxiety too - good things come to those who wait (and work hard for it - Guinness misses that bit out).
    I hope this gives you hope that one day you could also feel like that - maybe better than me too! Do you like bouncing off walls?

2. Not going to uni because you are worried about debt it very illogical. I would hate for that fear to hold anyone back. I am not saying it is not reasonable to feel or think what you are thinking, only that maybe you should bite the bullet and go anyway. Here is why I say that:
    - If it doesnt work out, who cares, you wont have lost anything (unless you are in a really well paid job right now?)
    - Student loans are not like normal loans, they are not included in your credit rating
    - they do not contribute to the amount of "overall debt" that you owe
    - you get a really good interest rate on them, which is inflation, which is basically saying you pay back only the value of what you borrowed - e.g. if you borrowed a loaf of bread, then you pay back a loaf of bread
    - you dont pay it back like a normal loan, instead it comes out of your paycheck before you even see the money - I dont even notice that I have a student loan
    - even then it only comes out your paycheck once you are earning a reasonable amount
    - if you dont pay it off within x years (25 i think) it goes away forever

A better way to think about it would be that higher earners who are earning more because they went to university pay more tax. 9% more tax specifically. I.e. consider it like this - pretend you do not have a student loan. Instead you are simply agreeing with the government that if you earn over £20,000 a year AND you have a university degree, you will pay an additional 9% tax until you have paid tax the value of what that degree would have cost you.

In addition when you go to uni, and stay in halls (if you have depression and anxiety i would strongly recommend halls - and getting on whatever social media uni students now use to plan social events) you get a whole new community to which you belong, can easily make friends, find people in common with you, and live in a supportive environment - uni is not like being an adult, there are additional support from the uni and students union. When I was a student I didnt even have to change my own lightbulbs!

Down side- it will be difficult to say goodbye to hangovers at uni
    Good side - everything else

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyGreenwood For This Useful Post:

OldMike (09-01-16)

SallyGreenwood
    Their was the most beautiful blonde girl, both inside & out, she was comforting me when I was sick. Unfortunately she's engaged to the lovechild of uncle fester. On a side note, why is it that the biggest assholes have the best social lives. It gets me down so much when I see horrible people from my workplace surrounded by beautiful women. I see it all the time on facebook ..
    Please refer to picture 16:
    http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/09/why-ge...e-unhappy.html

This answers your question

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGreenwood View Post
    Please refer to picture 16:
    http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/09/why-ge...e-unhappy.html

This answers your question
    Which is picture 16?

SA89
    I appreciate the advice so thank you. Uni life sounds great especially all that partying . There's no career that interests me enough though to justify the investment. Perhaps something along the lines of social care but I wouldn't want to be a counsellor. I may need to boost my serotinin 1st before I tackle anything because its seriously lacking atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha340 View Post
    Which is picture 16?
    I wondered that as there is no indication.

@SA89: If ugly old guys got all the young attractive women I'd be falling over them when I opened my front door.

Seriously though SallyGreenwood has some great ideas (I never went to uni) it looks to be a great option (just don't overdo the drinking), and staying in halls seems a good way to meet people. I'm sure you'd get to know some nice people.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post: