Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    I'm just trapped.. I hate to sound so pessimistic but I'm in a serious negative mindset & I feel powerless to break free. I'm so use to feeling miserable & depressed that I don't know anythin different. I can put on a joyful 'front' at work but that just masks my inner turmoil. I have deep insecurities.. It must be hard for u guys on here tryin to help people like me that are well.. helpless. And Suzi 3.30am is nothin to me, I'm up till 7!

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I'm just trapped.. I hate to sound so pessimistic but I'm in a serious negative mindset & I feel powerless to break free. I'm so use to feeling miserable & depressed that I don't know anythin different. I can put on a joyful 'front' at work but that just masks my inner turmoil. I have deep insecurities.. It must be hard for u guys on here tryin to help people like me that are well.. helpless. And Suzi 3.30am is nothin to me, I'm up till 7!
    I've been where you are and felt helpless and beyond hope but it is possible to drag yourself out of that place you may need meds and xounselling and it can take a long time. there will be many slips along the way. I still suffer during the winter months (I suffer from SAD). There is always hope as witnessed by many on DWD who struggle each day but are getting there. I always strive to get more good days than bad days if I can do that then I know things are on the up.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I'm desperate for a fresh start away from my workplace & the circle that are associated there. They only speak to me when they want somethin never like they do with each other. I feel completely inadequate at this weekly party where I'm not invited. They're all really socially savvy & the guys are far more physically superior to me. I feel worthless being this short & slim, no one gives u a 2nd look. *Sigh*

What other things are you doing to get yourself out of the circle..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What other things are you doing to get yourself out of the circle..
    Just Voluntary but I don't start until Jan. My counsellor said I need to push my comfort zone because I'm stagnant in my room. I went to see my Voluntary today for a chat & they told me I need to sort my anxiety out by then as its affectin my reliability. I need some assurance really that volunteering in admin will get me a job in the long term

SA89
    Is it normal to be attracted to ur counsellor?

That can happen. Your counsellor is helping you, making you feel better about yourself, feelings can develop.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Have you thought about going to speak to your Dr and seeing if they can help re the anxiety?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

It happens but, if it becomes too much of a problem, it can get in the epway of your therapy. Be careful
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    It happens but, if it becomes too much of a problem, it can get in the epway of your therapy. Be careful
    I can only echo what Paula says, be careful things don't get out of hand.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post: