Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Maybe you need to find a way to widen your circle of friends and do some of the calling?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Perhaps what you see as dry, they see as restful
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Let's start at the beginning - what kind of jobs are you applying for?
    Admin, Receptionist, McDonalds.. I've not turned up to my voluntary for a month now because I can't get up for 11am. The poor woman comes in to train me on a thursday yet I don't even turn up. I'm always up late with my anxiety so I sleep in. I go to my paid job just fine but with voluntary I struggle to get motivated. I just hate uncertainty & I'm uncertain if i'll get paid work from the back of that. Constant rejection says otherwise ..

Its probably safe to assume you have been fired from your voluntary job then.

To be honest I'd find that really rude of you not to turn up. I think that you need to sort yourself out a bit love...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I've got a cold comin on & it feels absolutely terrible along with my depression & anxiety. I don't know if u guys have ever had a cold when majorly depressed? . In regards to that voluntary I emailed a lengthy apology detailin my struggles with anxiety & sleep which she appreciated. I'm on a waitin list for counseling because I'm mentally unwell & I seriously can't get through this on my own ..

If I am unwell, especially with a cold, it makes me feel a lot worse.
    Try to see the doctor next week for a meds review as you are clearly struggling and need more help.

Ok, you need to get your life sorted. Complaining about how bad everything is and saying what you want does not get you anyway. First of all change your attitude (Boring/plain/.. people have a good life so I deserve one as well and it should be come to me by waiting is not going to happen). Go to your GP and tell them you struggle with daily life (sleep, job... ). Tell them how bad it is and you need help now. Try finding a goal to work towards (job), what does interest you? You have to be active to get out the dark place you are in.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha340 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha340 View Post
    Ok, you need to get your life sorted. Complaining about how bad everything is and saying what you want does not get you anyway. First of all change your attitude (Boring/plain/.. people have a good life so I deserve one as well and it should be come to me by waiting is not going to happen). Go to your GP and tell them you struggle with daily life (sleep, job... ). Tell them how bad it is and you need help now. Try finding a goal to work towards (job), what does interest you? You have to be active to get out the dark place you are in.
    I have to agree with Sam. I've been (and probably still am) in the mindset of complaining about how bad everything is for me and thinking I have some sort of entitlement to a good life. I'm far from sorted but I have written on here loads of times about how miserable I am for one reason or another. While it's good to let off steam, constantly recycling what you don't like and why you are down doesn't achieve anything productive.
    I've probably tested the patience of quite a few people here which I'm not proud of at all because at the end of the day everyone wants to support everyone and not push them away. It's hard when you are down but you do have to find a way to keep your mind active to avoid falling into those dark places.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amc204 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-07-15)

That's a brilliant and honest post Alex, thank you.

SA - The others are right. You need to see your Dr. You need to tell them everything and exactly how things are for you. No point saying that you're "fine" when you clearly aren't.
    I'm impressed that you sent that email. That is much more thoughtful and much more how I think of you. You can do this, you can get through this and you can be happy - but you are the only one who can make that happen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: