Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    I guess the Admin voluntary counts as training, thats why I decided to do that plus to get an insight into mental health. I've put that on my CV yet not a single response. I've done other voluntary work in admin places, IT troubleshootin etc (even though they weren't my roles as such) & I've exaggerated it the best I can. However, I only have Burger King as a legitimate reference tbh .

I've seriously considered pursuing a counseling qualification but I'm not sure about listening to peoples problems for the rest of my life (no offence mods ). Writing is another I've pondered but not sure what capacity . I've applied for just anythin min wage Rose & Admin. It doesnt help that I have no social circle, its who u know not what as thy say.. It stresses me out so much all of this but it helps to articulate into text. I'm grateful for this forum knowing others can relate to this bleak despair .

The vol work definitely counts, IMO, but perhaps some more structured study as well?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

You could try registering with a temp agency to see what experience you could get from that?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Could you enrol with something like the OU for study? Or what about an adult education class?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I don't know tbh ladies, my minds too f u c ked up to comprehend atm. I present myself as a confident person, speak my mind etc although I'm quiet in social situations. My voluntary role demands me to be confident so I can deal with peoples problems appropriately over the phone. I'm just in a big rut atm where I'm strugglin to channel my potential into somethin productive. That applies to every1 I guess.

I'm doing watever possible atm to prevent those 'triggers' that affect my depression/anxiety, mainly by simply distractin myself. Thinkin about my future however is a 'trigger' in itself because of the stress it causes me.. . I'm aware though that the only way forward is to build a future for myself. I can't stay in this vegetated state all my life..

So you have a voluntary role? Cool.. What about things that you enjoy?

SA89
    I don't enjoy anythin, I know that sounds like defeatest talk but their is no career that interests me whatsoever.. I feel completely lost. My doctors just given Fluxotene (Prozac) but I'm concerned to take them 'caus some people are against them. My doctor said theyre safe though but he obviously gets paid to spout that. FFS ..

I take fluoxetine and I am still around to tell the tale!

Lots of people on DWD are on that AD. Would it help to talk to us about what worries you about taking them?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My husband was on fluoxetine for years. Not only did it save our relationship but his life too.