Page 68 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Sweetheart you aren't going to make new friends if you don't do things to find them....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I struggle to engage with people, I feel trapped & conflicted by my depression & social anxiety.. Even if I found them I'd freeze. My mums tryin to get some of the family out for my birthday nxt week but that means my brother & his gf will be there who I both hate. They're so self-absorbed & obsessed with weed. My brother is an aggressive thug who thinks makin silly noises non-stop is funny ..

I have depression and social anxiety. I've forced myself to engage with people since my illness started 25 years ago - it's tough but it can be done, and gets easier as time goes on (most of the time).

Wrt your birthday party, if others in your family are there hopefully they'll 'dilute' your brother itms. I thought you liked his girlfriend as she was nice to you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Do you want to do something to celebrate your birthday?
    I really do think that someone is going to have to do something about your brother!

SA89
    I've not celebrated it before so its just another day to me.. Just by me sayin that u can gather an idea how emotionally damaged I am, years & years of loneliness does that to u. My birthday is just another reminder how sad my life is. I'm soon to be 26 & I've missed out on so much.. I can't let go of all those wasted years being a recluse..

But you aren't doing much to change that are you?

Did you not have friends at school?

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    But you aren't doing much to change that are you?
    I don't know how to suzi. How does any1 go from a hermit all their life to a valued member of society. People keep sayin "Ur time will come", thats bs because my time is long overdue . How can I love myself if I've got nothin to live for..
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Did you not have friends at school?
    2 but they've moved on to happy families..

You find something which interest you. If there is nothing, then force yourself to do something. Have a look around, search the internet, sport club, photography, social projects, game groups, cooking.... There is so much available, even shy people meet ups. But it you who has to do it. Just sitting there and saying "I can't" doesn't get you anywhere. Try it and stick with it for a few weeks to see if you like it.
    Last edited by Samantha340; 04-07-15 at 07:45 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha340 For This Useful Post:

Samantha is right. You find something which interests you and go for it!