Page 6 of 124 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    I really do appreciate the support guys even though ur all practically strangers . My sleep has been fkd up for years because of how constantly anxious I am. I've always been a recluse because I've always struggled to make friends. I have acquaintances at work but no1 I can visit or hang out with. Im 24 & all my life i've constantly been in my room 24/7 (except for college etc). I'm surprised i've not had a breakdown! . Its pathetic that I'm clinically depressed over somethin so trivial.

I'm fully aware that its down to me to change my life as it is with any1. My mums friends always tell me to 'get out there!' but its like who with!?. I do go clubbin etc with my cousin & her mates but thats like 1ce every fortnight. I can't even face goin sleep in my dark room, thts how painfully lonely I feel. Startin to well up again now ..

I'm in my 30s. I fell into my career by accident after taking pretty much the first job I could get after uni.... in telesales. I still wonder 'what shall I do with my life?'
    You don't need to know what you'll do with your life, life pretty much happens whatever you plan. Are you working at the moment?

I'm the opposite to Rose. I always had a clear career in mind, went to Uni to qualify and even did that job for a few years and loved it. Then my husband became really ill and our lives came crashing down... If it wasn't for that then DWD wouldn't exist and I might even still be doing the job that I loved so much..

However I do truly believe that something happens for a reason, and I love running DWD..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (10-05-14),Paula (10-05-14)

SA89
    Wow I didnt realise u ran the site, r we free to post as much as we want?. I'm just curious 'caus it could get a bit annoying after a while reading people moan .

And ye I work part time rose (my mums name ) at Burger King. I've been there 4 years, its completely dead-end. It wouldn't be so bad if didnt feel so ostracized from every1, I get on with them but I'm not in their 'clique'. I'm very socially awkward.. I volunteer as well at Mhist which is a mental health service. I do admin there so I can have a legit reference. I've applied for so manyy jobs to change this situation but hear nothing back, its such a frustrating process ..

Yes I run the site, and the facebook page Yes you can post as much as you want. I think I've read every post ever made on DWD (both this newer site and on the old one too) and so I can say with authority that it doesn't get annoying..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    haha . Why is it everythin we want in life is hard to come by? We all want the same; to have friends, a career & to be married with our own family. Obviously some are lucky to have those things but for others, like myself, it seems out of reach..

If it was easy would it be worth it?

SA89
    Thats an interestin point, maybe if it was easy we would have direct access to happiness?. I'm sick of competing with 100s of others for a basic job now.. Its a joke thats worn thin but there's nothin I can do other than to persist. It seems happiness is now further away than ever but then again happiness is subjective. People can be happy with the relative lives they lead.

I consider myself to be quite capable & intelligent but its not being channelled whatsoever. Thats the most frustrating, knowing I'm capable of achieving somethin, anythin yet I'm completely stagnant.

I'm curious whether its actually easier to get a high end job when ur qualified than it is to get a basic low end job against 100s of people?. I suspect it is .

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post

I'm curious whether its actually easier to get a high end job when ur qualified than it is to get a basic low end job against 100s of people?. I suspect it is .
    I think you might be right about that. But you are volunteering which shows you are proactively trying to get the experience you need. What sort of jobs are you going for?

Have you considered doing any further training/studying in the area you're interested in? I wonder if that may help potential employers see how committed you are to this. At your age, for instance, I did an HNC at evening classes which bore no resemblance to my job at the time but stood me in good stead. I have also done qualifications at lower levels, but in an area which interests me.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: