Page 57 of 124 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Your brother really needs help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Sadly the only way that he's going to get any help is if someone reports him or stands up to him. The more he gets away with it then the more he will do it...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I wanted to slap some co-workers today at work, the way some of them speak to me & patronise me because I'm not in the little 'clique' makes me so annoyed.. 1 big girl was like 'WHY DID U MAKE A BIG HOLE IN THE SOAP DISPENSER UR SUPPOSED TO DO IT THIS WAY'. I work my ass of there cookin, cleanin, liftin heavy stuff etc. These people are so passive aggressive towards the 'outsiders'. They look really miserable & act moody towards any1 thats quite indifferent to their little 'circle'. I blame the western culture to be honest ..

Are you sure they weren't just trying to help? I think that it's wrong that you felt you wanted to "slap some co-workers"....
    In what way do you blame the "Western culture"?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Clearly that job is no good for you at all. Stop living with your triggers and start figuring out how to get away from them.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Are you sure they weren't just trying to help? I think that it's wrong that you felt you wanted to "slap some co-workers"....
    In what way do you blame the "Western culture"?
    I'm just really fed up suzi with my social situation in general.. Like I said be4 on here I'm openly friendly to every1 yet many people there only speak to me when they want somethin doin for them. I always leave there with my back aching but I seem to get a lot of dismissive behavior.. Also some girls there are 1 minute playful with me then the next moody with me. I wish every1 in this world would be simply upfront & not p*** around with peoples emotions. Other cultures are more relaxed & treat every1 like family, they're not as uptight as ours. 'Slappin some1' was a figure of speech, I just like ventin in a controlled environment .

Can you remind me of what you do?

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Also some girls there are 1 minute playful with me then the next moody with me. Other cultures are more relaxed & treat every1 like family, they're not as uptight as ours.
    Are you sure the girls aren't reacting to your own responses? You've generalised women a lot in what you talk about and I can assure you that we don't all flirt and then turn moody, we aren't teases. there are a very small minority of women who may act like that, just like there are a very small minority of men who treat women badly.

And wrt cultures, again you're generalising. Additionally, people are people the world over - Japan, for instance, has a reputation of a 'family' culture, yet have some of the biggest companies in the world - and I very much doubt that these companies have that culture. North Korea is not part of western culture and yet is ruled with an iron rod. Our country, imo, is not particularly uptight, I see and hear of good, caring and kindness every day.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (04-05-15)

SA89
    Perhaps I'm basin my view on people I see in nightclubs & at my work. Abroad u could walk across a street & be offered a cup of coffee from a stranger. Today for example I said 'Hello amy are u alright?', her reply was 'ye..' in a quite dismissive tone. Not just today though, for 5+ years I''ve felt ostracized from the main focal social group as have other workers. We're civil in terms of workin together but personally we're irrelevant to them. They're quite conceited actually. I may be insecure, anxious, depressed etc but I always ask people how they're doin even strangers. I work part time in fast food Suzi.

Erm hunni, people are very different when they are sober and not in a nightclub! Really hunni, chances are she didn't really want to be at work today and the "yeah" had very little to do with anything....