Page 56 of 124 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Surely if he broke windows, and threatened someone with a knife the police should have been called?

And Rose is right, at 17 I got engaged and married at 19 to someone who was not good to me, and I couldn't see it at all
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

rose (30-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    she's 17, they both have ADHD & it shows, constantly seekin attention. Today they're 'normal' like last nights serious aggression never happened. I remember gettin in 2 strangers car with my cousin 'because it was cold' then he drove so fast we could hav gone through the windscreen!. Never again am I goin out with my brother. I forgot my tablet as well & I'm back to feelin low now through that toxic alcohol (& I only had 3 ..).
    I don't buy the ADHD as an "excuse" for aggression or just being a total knob. I've enough experience in that field to know that there are different types of ADHD - some real and proper and some which are there, but being stricter would help enough....
    I think you all need to stand up to him..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I don't buy the ADHD as an "excuse" for aggression or just being a total knob. I've enough experience in that field to know that there are different types of ADHD - some real and proper and some which are there, but being stricter would help enough....
    I think you all need to stand up to him..
    I stand my ground with him but there's no reasonin with an aggressive drunk. I'm a weak person, I've had 1 fight in my life so I avoid conflict like the plague. Its pathetic really, thats why I speak my mind to compensate for my physical shortcomings. My mums weak as well due to her Lupus & his dad doesn't give a ..

SA89
    Tbh though I just wanna forget about him because him, his dodgy mates & his annoyin relationship are detrimental. Its challengin puttin up with this stuff, havin couples in ur face 24/7, at home/around clubs.. Just when u finally make progress it shoots ur low self esteem back lower. Depression & anxiety are really sensitive like that. U guys on here know all too well how tough it is tryin to prevent triggers that remind u why ur depressed (mines loneliness, self-worth etc).

sedgejane
    I agree with the others, you don't stop anti depressant without the advice of your GP. They come with their own problems but sometimes you have to try a new drug to find what suits. I did.

Your Mum has Lupus? for you and her. It's a horrible illness. I think that you sound as if your heart is in the right place, but honestly if he kicks off like that again call the police. He can't be allowed to be violent around your Mum too...
    I think that you just need to be told that you are worth it and you are a good person and handed an opportunity... But please stop the text speak! I'm too old and not got enough spoons (do you/your mum know of the spoon theory?) to work it out tonight!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    my self-esteem has been so low all my life, I feel inadequate with my short height & skinny physique. A lot of extrovert types speak to me like I'm a baby due to my inferior social status. For 5+ years I've been so frustrated with myself after work knowin I haven't made progress with any of the girls. My anxiety just loves to remind me how much I fail with women *sigh* .. I'm doin more voluntary with another mental health community just to try & subside this desperate desire that haunts me. We're human, we need love & affection just like every1 else. Its not normal to have never had these basic needs of wellbeing, especially as a red-blooded male ..

I am not really sure work is the place to be looking for a girlfriend?

It's a possibility....

SA89
    I think ur right rose but its the only peer circle I'm a part of. Home lifes rather hostile at the moment with my brother who is a threat to every1 in my house. Every1 feels scared to disagree with him because he lashes out, he broke his wrist again 2day after punchin a bin. He's a paranoid psycho ragin at his gf for wearin certain clothin. She's gorgeous with a lovely personality & then there's him.. She said she feels safe around me. My mums terrified of what he'll do next. U can tell just by his eyes how aggressive he is, fuelled by paranoia from his weed addiction..