Page 55 of 124 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

My children once asked me how often I get depressed. I told them I'm always depressed, it's just sometimes I manage it better. That applies to me, I hasten to add, and not to everybody but I hope it's a good illustration that looking after yourself, watching for signs of a slip and adjusting your lifestyle when needed can help keep a crisis at bay. It doesn't always work, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but it does work enough to make it worth the effort of trying. I feel like I'm rambling so I'm sorry if I don't make sense
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    My children once asked me how often I get depressed. I told them I'm always depressed, it's just sometimes I manage it better. That applies to me, I hasten to add, and not to everybody but I hope it's a good illustration that looking after yourself, watching for signs of a slip and adjusting your lifestyle when needed can help keep a crisis at bay. It doesn't always work, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but it does work enough to make it worth the effort of trying. I feel like I'm rambling so I'm sorry if I don't make sense
    Paula when u say watch for signs & adjust how is that possible when u have to face that trigger on a weekly basis. My workplace & its peer group triggers my depression really bad. I can be relatively fine all week then as soon as I'm around those people & girls that mess with my head it sends my self esteem plumeting. I'm uncomfortable with the majority 'clique' there & the girls keep givin me mixed signals (flirt with me thn some1 else straight after). Its so frustration especially when u've never had a gf.. And now I'm gonna drink the night away now in town & feel 10X more depressed & anxious ..

I think somehow you have to find the mental strength to stop these being triggers. I wonder if these girls really are flirting with you. I wonder if they're just being nice and pleasant and you're seeing it a different way - that particularly seems more likely when you say they constantly move on to others and flirting. Most women don't do that, I promise. Most women will be kind and pleasant to the people they work with and have daily contact with because it makes life easier and often because they're genuinely nice.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Sweetheart why haven't you asked any of them out on a date?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think you need to change job.
    And I am pretty sure that those girls aren't openly flirting with every guy there. And if they are, then they are doing it to everybody and its not personal.

SA89
    I'll never understand until the day I die why women love these thugs. It were my brothers 18th 2night & it was an absolute train-wreck. He smashed up bar windows, threatened his gf & racist to the bouncers. Even threatened to stab a guy who flirted with his gf. I told them to take it easy but there's no reasoning with an aggressive drunk. Yet after all this she continues to forgive him & say how cute he is the nxt day. I'm done with this bs, I've got my own demons to tackle ..

Thing is until someone stands up to him or reports him and he is arrested then he will continue to do the same.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How old is his girlfriend?

SA89
    she's 17, they both have ADHD & it shows, constantly seekin attention. Today they're 'normal' like last nights serious aggression never happened. I remember gettin in 2 strangers car with my cousin 'because it was cold' then he drove so fast we could hav gone through the windscreen!. Never again am I goin out with my brother. I forgot my tablet as well & I'm back to feelin low now through that toxic alcohol (& I only had 3 ..).

She is 17, that's quite young really, perhaps she thinks true love is all about standing by your man. I used to think that when I was 17. She probably needs some girlfriends around her to open her eyes.