Page 54 of 124 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Why don't you want to move away from your mum? Are you worried about her?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    I never push him too far because I know what he can do. He pulled a knife out the draw the last time I got really under his skin. He's toxic but people are scared to confront him so they give him attention & say how cute he is..

Can I ask you to remind me how old you are?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Can I ask you to remind me how old you are?
    I'm 25, he's 18. I would move out if I had a career that would facilitate the rent but I'd feel more lonely tbh, so its either put up or shut up. My mum has a fella but even he's intimidated by him! . Every1 who chills at my house are nice people, its just him, he spoils everythin..

He sounds like a horrible boy and I wonder if the next time he becomes violent it might be prudent to call the police. His behaviour needs stopping in its tracks.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    He sounds like a horrible boy and I wonder if the next time he becomes violent it might be prudent to call the police. His behaviour needs stopping in its tracks.
    ye its downright abuse at times. Its an awkward situation because if I ever reported him my mum would be in bits, I don't think I could live with that guilt. His dad never looks after him, he doesn't even give my mum support for him..

Abuse? Waving a knife at someone is illegal and trying to strangle someone is assault at least. Your mum needs to face facts that part of parenting is being firm. Talk to her.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

But if no one stands up to him then he'll never learn that it's wrong and not appropriate.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    its excused as 'he'll grow out of it'.. Anyway back to the thread, I'm sure u guys know full well how easy it is to slip back in2 a dark depression. I'm wandering what u've learned to consistently keep it at bay. I've felt better this past week through a combination of sittin in the garden more, arrangin some more voluntary & an advocacy course, played my 1st football match in years with old friends & oc my citalopram which I think has helped.

I'm still a recluse oc & deep depression is still waitin in the shadows. Pro-activity breeds hope, depression is always there, is consistent pro-activity the only way to combat it? .

Looking out for signs that you're slipping I think is key. And then you can stop it in its tracks, or know to give yourself a break.
    Sitting in the garden is good for the soul as far as I'm concerned (wasn't that the point of the story 'The Secret Garden'?)
    Doing more work and seeing friends is exactly what you ought to be doing to help so I am glad you are doing it