Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Sorry, but rubbish. I am a sunny, outgoing, bubbly person yet I suffer from depression. It has nothing to do with my temperament and everything to do with being ill. And I am not a robot - I am my own, perfectly imperfect person. Being disillusioned has nothing to do with depression.

Does the difficulty with tieing things come from a condition you have?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm not a robot either. I am not apathetic and yet I believe I see things as they are.....

You can't tie a knot?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I dunno guys, I'm too emotionally imbalanced to even think straight.. I can't even cry properly anymore but I'm cryin so much inside. My eyes are constantly welling though . I applied for 10 jobs today but its done nothin to shift this emotional imbalance. I'm always on the POF datin site & every1 just ignores my hard thought messages. How do u even begin to retrieve a balanced mindset?. And yes I'm still takin Setraline 100 & yes I've tried many other AD types..

POF is soul destroying for even those who are well. I think you need to concentrate on getting well before you turn to looking at a relationship - particularly when you're looking at dating sites where it's brutal. A balanced mindset takes time, often therapy, and focussing on that without distractions of looking for a girlfriend. If I thought your illness had any real relevance with your single status, I might say differently, but I think it is much more about your own self worth - which comes from within, not from how others see you. I'm not sure if this makes sense, so forgive me if it doesn't btw

Btw thank you for taking Suzi's comments on board concerning your text speech
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I try & distract myself as best I can from my lonely thoughts but its really difficult when I'm seein my brother with his gf 24/7 (who may as well live here..). And when I'm at work & out of the house I'm surrounded by girls I really like yet r uninterested. I can't escape from these dark thoughts at all. 'Normal' people have no idea what its like to be without friends, to be without love. We're social beings we all need that sense of community. I'm not seein a therapist so its even more unlikely that my wellbein will improve. I've had that many & they just rightly gave up on me .

Thank you so much for no more text speak! I'm really grateful!
    Have you asked these girls out at all? Or are you just assuming that they are uninterested?

I understand that you feel you're in a unique position. But I can say that,when I was in my first, 'challenging' marriage, I couldn't let anyone in and I've never been so lonely as I was then. I went to work, I came home. I pushed my friends away and wasn't loved in my marriage. Normal doesn't exist and most of us have felt emotions such as loneliness, bitterness, lack of hope at some point or another in our lives - maybe not in the exact way you have for some of us (though for others in a very similar way). What I'm trying to say is, it's not what is thrown at us that defines us, it's what we do with it. You have a choice to accept this, or change. And I really believe you have the strength to change your life completely.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I've never asked suzi because there's always masculine lads circlin round these girls. These guys are vain & constantly makin stupid sex jokes yet these girls give them attention. I think some do like me but thy're very coy, its toyin with my depression this false hope. 1 said 'r u comin to the psrty 2night', I said no & she replied 'come, ask me out'. It sounds like sarcasm though.. Saturdays r the WORST because every1s out with their friends. I wish I had friends, I can make acquaintances but never friends that hang out together, it hurts so much, I can't even begin to put into words .. I've switched my Setraline back to Citalopram 20m what I originally started with. I've come full circle, if only they worked ..

Was it your Dr who changed your meds?
    What about therapy? Why not just ask one of them out? Maybe they don't want to be around the others all the time?

You were asked to a party so you DO have friends?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post: