Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

When you were growing up, what did you want to do for a job?

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Go in and ask why things are as they are, ask about promotion prospects too..
    They kinda told me before that I'm limited to that role & thyre happy for me to do it (because someones got to do it). I wanna work in mental health anyway or some capacity. It hurts though when no one ever gives u a chance in life, I've even applied for ambulance services, nothing.. No one loves me & no one wants me at their workplace. I'm just a sad individual who may as well not have been born. I'm a waste of a sperm cell ..

If that's how you present yourself then that's all people are going to see... You are worth a huge amount more than that, but you just don't show it or believe it. Do you have any qualifications in mental health? What about experience?
    It must be said that you do come across sometimes as someone who does have a really big chip on their shoulder expecting everyone else to do it for you... But if you want it, then get out there and do it. If you want it bad enough then you'll work hard for it.
    I assume that when you fill in your application forms/CV etc that you write them in proper English rather than text speak as not everyone can work that out (and I hate text speak lol) and that you present yourself well?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-04-15)

If there are no promotion prospects and its only one day a week then you need to get out.
    If you want to work in mental health then look for entry level jobs and see what qualifications are being asked for.
    My friend had to work really really hard to get onto a paramedic course.... its not an easy field to get into at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    If there are no promotion prospects and its only one day a week then you need to get out.
    If you want to work in mental health then look for entry level jobs and see what qualifications are being asked for.
    My friend had to work really really hard to get onto a paramedic course.... its not an easy field to get into at all.
    Thats why I feel so pessimistic because the fields I sorta like are difficult to get into (mental health,literature etc). As a result I resign myself to applyin for places like Asda, McDonald's & even they don't want me! lol .
    If that's how you present yourself then that's all people are going to see... You are worth a huge amount more than that, but you just don't show it or believe it. Do you have any qualifications in mental health? What about experience?
    It must be said that you do come across sometimes as someone who does have a really big chip on their shoulder expecting everyone else to do it for you... But if you want it, then get out there and do it. If you want it bad enough then you'll work hard for it.
    I assume that when you fill in your application forms/CV etc that you write them in proper English rather than text speak as not everyone can work that out (and I hate text speak lol) and that you present yourself well?
    ye I do everythin to the letter, I'm good at writin so I can articulate my lack of skills into a targeted format. But ye ur right I'm not independent, people even tie knots for me at work :\. I present myself rather timidly but thats who I am, I don't wanna be a manipulative p**** just to fit in & lick the managers butt.

Sorry for the personal questions, but what's your highest level of qualification, eg. gcse, a-level, degree?

Please don't use unsavoury comments like that. It's not a one off and you've been warned before about how you phrase your posts.

If you're articulate, why can't you show us that side of you here?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (07-04-15)

I didn't question your independence... I questioned your use of text speak, how you present yourself as in dress code, and the fact that you seem to believe that everything should just be handed to you. You need to get up and work for it yourself...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    people even tie knots for me at work
    sorry, what does this bit mean?

SA89
    I didn't question your independence... I questioned your use of text speak, how you present yourself as in dress code, and the fact that you seem to believe that everything should just be handed to you. You need to get up and work for it yourself...
    I don't 'feel' anythin for any corporation, we're all robots in this society programmed to do as society tells us. I wish I wasn't such a realistic because then I wouldn't be depressed. Depressed people see the world for what it is & thats what creates the apathy; a disconnect from those who blindly follow. Makin a better life means conformin to this disillusioned percieved 'norm'. Indifference isn't celebrated its frowned upon by these 'robots' who think their 'robotic' nature is the way we all should be in life.
    [QUOTE=rose;175415]sorry, what does this bit mean?[/QUOTE
    tiein binbags, aprons, shoelace etc, I struggle with basic essentials ..