Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    ha they're just empty words atm, havin a sense of direction is the hardest part. Without direction despair is inevitable. Its even harder when u've no real friends to support u, its rather overwhelming to say the least. My 1st step is to sign up for a course that'll set me on the path to a career. Simply being on a path to something will alleviate the stress on 1 of my biggest insecurities. I think the ADs woud be wise to help stabilize me through this but the constant drowsiness could hinder my motivation hmm.. . I'm sure u guys can relate to this predicament & the fine line between stability & breakdown. I'm extremely vulnerable to giving up & crashin down to a flood of tears .

Thing is there is nothing to say that the AD's will make you feel like that at all, worth a go maybe?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Not all ADs have that effect, I have to take one of mine in the morning because it does the complete opposite. Don't rule this option out, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    cool ill try & get the right 1. Every AD iv tried has made me drowsy thts y I mentioned (iv tried mitazapine & citalopram). So is their no way to overcome deep anxiety & depression without ADs? R all ADs actually safe.

I've not been on citalopram so I'm sure one of the other members can comment on that, but mirtazapine was one of mine and, yes, it's definitely a sedative. There are other ways to treat depression, including counselling and CBT, but the benefit of ADs is they can help support you while you go through these processes.

I would say that All ADs recommended by the NHS are safe, though some people can react to any particular AD in a way that requires immediately ceasing the drug. This is very, very rare. There is a condition called serotonin syndrome which, again, is very, very rare and can be dangerous. I've had it, it was horrible while I was going through it but I'm ok and have no side effects .

If I were you, I would see your GP, advise them you need something that is unlikely to cause drowsiness, and tell them your concerns. Honestly, millions of people in the UK take them, and come to no harm. This link will give you more info

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Antidep...roduction.aspx
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I think its a common side effect of mirtazapine to feel drowsy, thats why its best to take it at night.
    SSRIs like citalropam, fluxoetine, sertraline are activators... but can have the opposite effect overall, particularly if they disrupt your sleep.
    I think they're safe as long as you listen to your doctors advice, you start on a low dose and increase gradually, and keep a diary of your side effects.

SA89
    ye I took them at night to combat that, I didnt really feel my depression lift though tbh. I've literally just woken up (sleepin through the day again ) & I just feel so flat. It really is the loneliness thats the killer. After i've had a bru & stuff I tend to pick up a bit but its always just me in my room. Browsing through facebook, seein how happy every1 else is with their 'amazing' social lifes. I dread summer so much because I literally do not know what to do with myself. Thats y I retreat to my shell..

I constantly feel like I need to be sortin my career out before I do anythin else, its always at the forefront of my mind as a priority. As a result I can never truly enjoy anythin else. Its so demoralising when u have no meaningful direction in ur life. U literally have to engineer it from scratch & its a real battle..

I'm not going to be too nagging, but sleeping through the day is not good for your body clock, which throws everything else out of rhythm.

You do know that most people only put the good stuff on fb? If you actually ask, most have problems they won't post about. Those 'amazing' social lives are, often, not what they're made out to be. And retreating to your shell will just make the loneliness worse.

I checked your profile, and you're 24. Now, I'm 40 and most of my friends/peers did not have a clue what they wanted to do at the age of 24. My husband has never worked it out, he fell into a job at Vodafone when he was 28 and has progressed to Senior Management almost by accident! And that is the case with most of my friends. A lovely friend of mine trained as a midwife, and is now a missionary in Kenya! It doesn't have to be a battle, just find something you might enjoy for now, and see where life leads you. You might be surprised

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Westin
    They have anti-deps that are non-drowsy. I didn't even take mirtazapine for depression. I took it for insomnia. I usually slept way into the afternoon.

And I agree with Paula. They post an "ideal" way of living and only show you the positive things. You have no idea what their life is really like.
    I have no clue what I want to do. I'm 22. I thought I did when I started college at 18 and then dropped out and then went back AGAIN. I STILL don't know. I'm just kind of, like you said, engineering it. But getting on the right meds and seeing your GP regularly and getting support will alleviate some of the battle. You may not know what you want to do yet. But you've got time. Try and not to compare yourself to the world. You are your own worst critic.

Are there any clubs nearby you can get involved in? And cool groups to join? Can you go talk to a career counselor at your local university? Just telling them about your interests can at least guide you to some resources. You never know until you try.

Without wishing to be harsh you have got to get yourself up and staying up during the day. What you are doing just isn't helping yourself at all..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!