Page 43 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Can I be blunt? You are 25 and yet you keep saying that you want a girlfriend, can't see why your brother is getting a girlfriend, but you aren't willing to do anything to change how you are? What is it exactly that you want? There is no way that a magic wand can be waved to make you better - you have to work hard to get better and only you can do that!
    Sorry, my counsellors get annoyed at me as well, no one knows what to do with me. I seriously struggle with social anxiety, depression, low self-esteem & anxiety in general. I'm constantly worrying about silly things, even my mum gets annoyed with me. If I wasn't lonely I'd be more content & less insecure..

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    So Rose's point about increasing the meds, so potentially improving your mood and being able to be more physically active and able to make an effort, is a valid one.
    I'll consider it with my doctor. The reason I haven't increased them is because I upped a previous medication & it didn't make a difference. All it did was give me added side effects of drowsiness & I don't like taking drugs in any form as it is..

I'm not getting annoyed at you at all, I genuinely am interested in what you want to happen and how you want it to happen....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

This is a different medication, and they all affect you in different ways. No one likes taking pills, but it's got to be better than this, surely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    I've increased my dose from 50mg to 100 for the Setraline & I have to see my doctor again in 2 week. I don't know why though because surely 2 weeks isn't enough time for them to kick in

It's probsbly to make sure you're ok on them and don't have any difficult side effects
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I've increased my dose from 50mg to 100 for the Setraline & I have to see my doctor again in 2 week. I don't know why though because surely 2 weeks isn't enough time for them to kick in
    Well done, that's a positive step. 2 weeks is to check everything is ok. If you need to see the doctor before then, don't be afraid to ask.
    I keep meaning to ask you, do you only work at weekends?

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Well done, that's a positive step. 2 weeks is to check everything is ok. If you need to see the doctor before then, don't be afraid to ask.
    I keep meaning to ask you, do you only work at weekends?
    ye rose 1-2 days & I volunteer on mondays. I feel completely hopeless about the future & I'm a serious recluse. My mind is so riddled with sadness that its impossible to break free . People tell me to think positive but how can I when I have no friends, no future & I'm 5'3. My mums friends try to encourage me to do somethin but I feel so bad.

I don't wanna engage with any1 because I'll bring them down with my reclusive miserable demeanor. People seem to like me & say I'm funny & a good lad, I'm not sure why though at all ..

Have you looked for a job that gets you out of the house more often? It might help with your feelings of being a recluse?

Or college or something just to get out, meet people and help to raise your self esteem...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Its funny because people say to me 'ur always in ur room, no wonder ur depressed!. Its completely abnormal as a human with needs & what not to be in their room 24/7. Clinical depression is inevitable if u never leave ur room, u can try to ignore it through distraction but it eats away at u over time because ur social wellbeing isn't being met. Idle mind is a devils workshop & before u know it BAMN ur in a straight jacket.