Page 42 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    I don't understand how my brother has girls fallin at his feet when he's such a , it angers me so much. His voice is so annoyin to the point where I wanna pull my hair out. He speaks nonstop in'Grimey slang riddles & obsesses about his 'next joint'.. I'm still takin Setraline 50mg, I'm not seein any help at all because thy tell me if I'm not ready to take action then there's no point. I'm never ready ..

Sorry, what do you mean "not ready to take action?"
    I really think you should go back to your Dr and tell them how bad you are feeling.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean "not ready to take action?"
    I really think you should go back to your Dr and tell them how bad you are feeling.
    I mean I'm never ready to change my ways because I've struggled socially all my life. Thats y I avoid CBT because I never do the tasks they tell me (get out more etc). I feel like I'm pestering my doctor because I've nothin new to say to him.

Medication might help you to get to a point where you ARE ready to change.
    50mg is the starting dose for Sertraline and I think if you are having suicidal thoughts then you really need to see the doctor and discuss what can be done. Maybe if you are taking more meds, you might find your brother less annoying (a symptom of depression is irritability).
    Please, see your doctor and have a chat with them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Medication might help you to get to a point where you ARE ready to change.
    50mg is the starting dose for Sertraline and I think if you are having suicidal thoughts then you really need to see the doctor and discuss what can be done. Maybe if you are taking more meds, you might find your brother less annoying (a symptom of depression is irritability).
    Please, see your doctor and have a chat with them.
    I've never felt suicidal, even if I did I'd be too anxious to carry it out. All meds I've had have made me tired & thy've all been the lowest dose so increasin them will likely make me more sleepy. The meds do work to an extent, they kinda operate in the background. I still feel terrible on them but before them I was in floods of tears regularly. I think they balance ur mind although its still weighin towards the darker side.

Another symptom of depression is being tired and the tiredness side effects from ADs should only last a few weeks.
    So again, increasing could actually help with tiredness.
    You won't know unless you ask?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Another symptom of depression is being tired and the tiredness side effects from ADs should only last a few weeks.
    So again, increasing could actually help with tiredness.
    You won't know unless you ask?
    ye can't forget that tiredness is a symptom of depreession. Its not aboout the strength of meds though with me, its to do with not bein physically active & making a real effort. So I resort to dating sites & get even more depressed when girls just ignore me. I just want at least a chance to start my own family ..

You're only 25, you have years to start your own family! If you are talking about starting a family on a first date that could be a bit of a turn off, talk about pressure! What about something like meetup or joining clubs that interest you. An art class, an exercise class... that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    ye can't forget that tiredness is a symptom of depreession. Its not aboout the strength of meds though with me, its to do with not bein physically active & making a real effort. So I resort to dating sites & get even more depressed when girls just ignore me. I just want at least a chance to start my own family ..
    So Rose's point about increasing the meds, so potentially improving your mood and being able to be more physically active and able to make an effort, is a valid one.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can I be blunt? You are 25 and yet you keep saying that you want a girlfriend, can't see why your brother is getting a girlfriend, but you aren't willing to do anything to change how you are? What is it exactly that you want? There is no way that a magic wand can be waved to make you better - you have to work hard to get better and only you can do that!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: