Page 4 of 124 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

I avoid the news for the same reason. There is often not much joy in it. And certain stories really wind me up.
    I have started tentatively reading the news again recently.

I just don't read the papers and also the news on tv, life is for living, without all that bad news of others. It's not that I didn't care, it's cos I'm putting me first in the 'headlines.' Something I'm finding hard to do but getting there.

I like that, we are our own headlines
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Miss Molly (09-05-14)

SA89
    aww thats considerate . I'm seriously p i s sed off right now because to be blunt 'some b i tch is messin' me about'. I'm not seein her but we txt & she has just stood me up. People don't realise how simple ignorance can tip some1 over the edge. Especially when ur vulnerable & have never had a gf. I've compromised so much with this person (gave her taxi money, bought her drinks, put up with her pessimistic attitude & evn got ready for her tonight). She wr supposed be here 4 hours ago & has completely ignored my txts. It wouldn't hurt so much is I didnt depend on this person to alleviate this rotten loneliness I feel inside ..

Westin
    To be blunt it doesn't sound like she was a great catch to begin with. I'd forget about her. To play you like that isn't worth your time. You are better than that.

BUT on the flip side I could be COMPLETELY wrong. Maybe some life emergency came up and she couldn't respond. That's a possibility too. But if she is/was your friend, I'd think she'd let you know something.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westin For This Useful Post:

Paula (09-05-14),Suzi (09-05-14)

can only echo what Westin has put hun.

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    aww thats considerate . I'm seriously p i s sed off right now because to be blunt 'some b i tch is messin' me about'. I'm not seein her but we txt & she has just stood me up. People don't realise how simple ignorance can tip some1 over the edge. Especially when ur vulnerable & have never had a gf. I've compromised so much with this person (gave her taxi money, bought her drinks, put up with her pessimistic attitude & evn got ready for her tonight). She wr supposed be here 4 hours ago & has completely ignored my txts. It wouldn't hurt so much is I didnt depend on this person to alleviate this rotten loneliness I feel inside ..
    Hang on, you don't know why she didn't turn up. 1001 things could have happened so I think referring to her as you have seems a little harsh.. However... paying out for everything isn't compromising love... If it was compromising then you'd both have had your fair share of "you do x and I'll do y" kind of thing..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    hehe sorry about that just needed to vent in a safe environment . I'm tired of being let down. It was a blessin anyway because tonight i've spent serious research time on how to work through this horrible black hole of depression & anxiety. I've gathered notes but its just putting into practice. Here are some lifestyle changes I think will be helpful to improve mood over-time:

- Take steps to resolve stresses
    - Talk to others/Get Support
    - Exercise
    - Fit fun rewardin activities in2 day
    - Relaxation
    - General - Eat well/Sleep well/Vitamin D

I'm gonna try my very best to work on each 1 of these because I want a better quality of life. Easier said than done I know . The key is to work on these REGARDLESS of how u feel. It adds up overtime to counteract the misery ur feeling.
    U can either sink or swim basically .

Good luck - those are pretty big lifestyle changes hun..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It sounds like you had one of those moments when you fought back at depression and decided to beat it. Good on you!
    Re the girl.... she doesn't sound that great. You deserve better than that.