Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    My hearts constantly racing 24/7, is that normal with anxiety?

If you're constantly in the situation causing the anxiety, yes. And sometimes you can always be in that situation. When in crisis I've been known to jitter, shake, pace etc all the time. It's exhausting, but it's the adrenaline coursing through you, and, although frightening, is not a symptom there's anything wrong with your heart.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes it can be. Try to consciously slow your breathing, by breathing deeply into your tummy.

SA89
    I'll try. I always feel heavily exasperated (constant deep *sighing* ) & my head/mind always feels 'blurred' as well, its hard to describe.. . I'm under constant stress & I've felt like this for years much to peoples dismay. They don't understand y I'm like this 'caus I'm 24 & should have no worries' .

I'm just really tired now of feeling stressed all the time, I wanna be free.. Is it even possible to overcome stress thats built up over time? ..

Yes, because I've done it. I was so highly strung just the slightest noise and I would jump out of my skin, and now... I'm not.
    Practice deep breathing when you feel relaxed as well as when you feel stressed, your overall stress levels will start to drop.
    Meditation is good too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-05-14)

Alexander Technique has been proved useful for others I've known with severe anxiety..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Life is just f u c k ed up, everytime I open the paper someones died of cancer.When ur depressed its the last thing u want to read every waking day. Its no wonder we're all stressed. Look how hard it is to find a job f f s? Or to build a social life from scratch when every1s on social media. Prospects r a gold mine in this day & age..

It can feel like that, but maybe you could search for the local pieces or the good news type ones?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Miss Molly (08-05-14)

It is a fact that, when we are feeling low, we only see the bad. When we're better, we see the positives. Having said that, the national media focuses on the bad so I tend to only watch the news online - that way I can ignore the stories I don't want to know about.for instance, had you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news...where-27296489
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Amaya (26-05-14),Miss Molly (08-05-14)

Crouching Hitwoman, Hidden Tea Lady amaeru's Avatar
    K often reads it on teletext instead. He finds it less triggering

Maybe we should have a good news thread where if we come across an inspiring or otherwise good news item we can share it as an antidote to all the bad news around us

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amaeru For This Useful Post:

Paula (08-05-14)