Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Please see your gp. Bring these notes with you when you go. Then you can't forget anything. Best of luck.

You need to look after yourself. The meds can only do so much, they give you the stability to work from, but you have to do the rest. There's no point a diabetic taking insulin but then scoffing down a bagful of sweets. So, please, have a shower, shave, eat properly and hydrate.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Aspasia (22-11-14)

A shower will make you feel better. I know it seems like a huge task but you only have to stand under the water a couple of minutes if that's all you can stand.
    The normal starting dose for sertraline is 50. When you take citalopram, you usually take up to 40mg a day, with sertraline I think its up to 200mg a day.
    So, 50mg is a normal starting dose, try not to worry that it sounds like a lot more.
    Are you doing an immediate swap?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

SA89
    ye I'm swappin for the fluxetine, I can't take anythin for 2 days though to get it out my system. I only really wash every friday before work because I've no social life so wts the point lol . I've said this before but I want to reiterate how much I appreciate every1s support on here. U guys have no motive to help me or others on this site yet u go out of ur way to offer advice .

Oh I thought you were on citalopram at the moment.... fluoxetine takes ages to get out of your system properly. Having a shower will make you feel better, honestly.

I hope you've managed a shower and a change of clothes. It will help.
    You can only do this if you want to... You have to help yourself.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I find the one thing that makes me feel good is a nice relaxing soak in the bath. Feeling fresh and clean is uplifting and makes me feel more confident. I know how easy it is to let personal hygiene slip when your feeling down but a shower a shave and some clean clothes and you'll feel like a new man.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Oh I thought you were on citalopram at the moment.... fluoxetine takes ages to get out of your system properly. Having a shower will make you feel better, honestly.
    When should I start takin the Citraline?, i'm worried 2 days won't be enough to get fluxetine out my system. I don't want the fluxetine to conflict with my new meds

john d
    Hello.regarding you med change over,I would follow what you're gp says.fluoxetine does take awhile to get out of your system but the one you are replacing it with will take sometime to get in your system.like I say any doubt then get in touch with your gp.
    Btw I hope the meds start to help you soon.took me awhile but I got there.take care

12. The Following User Says Thank You to john d For This Useful Post:

Do what the GP says, they won't conflict, they're in the same class of AD.
    My advice is always, when starting a new medication, to keep a daily record of how you feel. As the title of your thread suggests you have both anxiety and depression, keep a separate score for each. It will give you a benchmark to start from.
    Whenever you need support, we are here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post: