Page 23 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    My depression is moderate I think (evn though it feels overwhelming) because i've never felt suicidal, just really depressed for years as a result of my social anxiety.
    Just because you don't feel suicidal doesnt always mean your depression isn't severe, I have a diagnosis of severe depression now 2 years on from first being diagnosed, though have had depression a lot longer than that, and I am not suicidal,

If you are not happy on the medication then you really need to see your gp and talk to him/her honestly about it, if you find that hard then write down what you want to say and show them that
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I seriously think I need to stop ADs now guys. They suppress any emotion I feel, I don't feel empathy, nothin. My depression is moderate I think (evn though it feels overwhelming) because i've never felt suicidal, just really depressed for years as a result of my social anxiety.

I appreciate ur advice but I can't progress my emotional state at all if its artificially suppressed. Freein my mind is the only way I can truly 'feel' somethin again. Sedating moderate depression just makes u emotionless in the long term tbh .
    Every AD is different and has a different effect on every different person. If you didn't speak to your Dr about the suppressed emotion - and how you feel about that- nothing is going to change. So, coming off ADs is not the only way of truly feeling anything again. I'm on high doses of 2 different ADs, a mood stabiliser, and tranquillisers and still 'feel' many emotions - joy, empathy, love, worry, etc etc. it might just be the wrong AD for you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I came off Sertraline because I thought it was suppressing my emotions, it turns out my emotions were suppressed by depression, not the ADs. The ADs were just about keeping me sane. Coming off them caused a huge emotional crash and it took a long time for me to get stable again.
    Make sure you go back to the GPs and discuss this properly before you do anything. Staying on ADs a few more days, until you've seen the GP, isn't long is it?
    What ADs are you taking?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

The others are right, don't just stop taking them please. I've seen what that did to my husband and it wasn't nice. Please do go and talk things through with your GP.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Cheers, I'm taking Fluoxetine 20mg (about 6 months). I've been on Citalopram & Mirtazapine as well so I've been on a gd few, even uppin the dose to an extra 10mg. I feel the same on all of them (really drowsy with a mental block) despite feelin less insane as rose said.

So I'm at a crossroads; continue to be sleepy & motionless but less anxious or stop & be extremely anxious but with a head clear of chemicals and maybe more energy

There are many different options with different effects. Mirtazapine, for example, is a well known sedative. Others aren't. Please, please, please talk to your doctor
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I agree with Paula. Don't just stop. As you say, it could make you extremely anxious. Talk to your doctor and discuss all your concerns.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

HabitualHermit
    stopping abruptly is NEVER a good idea. Side effects of coming off them can be very extreme. The experience you are havin will be very much related to that. breathe deep and ... listen to the above. You may want to come off them and it may be possible but NOT LIKE THAT. big hugs and hold on to a flame of hope.. life can change for the better xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HabitualHermit For This Useful Post:

I've seen what just stopping can do to someone... and then I had to just stop some other medication for an operation and by goodness it was more than horrible. Really don't do this by just stopping. You've mentioned 3 types of AD - there are so many more and other types of medication which may help... It might mean that you need a change in dose, rather than a change in medication...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    My docs given me Sertraline 50mg (thts the only strength) & said to take thm after 2 days. I've lost 2 kilo's apparently but he ruled out a blood test unless I lost more. He put my sleepiness down to depression. I came downstairs today & my mums friend was shocked how rough I look.

I've not had a bath in 2 weeks, my hairs sticking out both sides & I hv a full grown beard . Its not like I have anywhere to go or people to see though so I don't see the point. I'm ashamed of myself. I'm a mess ..