Page 22 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

If the fluoxetine isn't working, you need to tell your doctor so you can work out a program of change. It's not a waste if the Dr feels it isn't right for you, because you can rule out that drug. But you're not going to get better by pretending to the doctor that they're working. And you need to explain to the counsellor that you wish to continue the counselling sessions, and commit to it - if not, you may need to go through the referral - again talking to your doctor
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I can't tell if thyre wrkin or not though paula. I'm still depressed but thts the same wih any drug 'caus thy don't magic it away. I've found ADs to reduce anxiety more thn anythin evn though its still there. I don't cry as much 'caus thy kinda block any emotion comin through. My counsellor has cancelled all my sessions now so thts done.

That doesn't mean you can't get re-referred if your doctor thinks it's appropriate. No the ADs don't Magic it away, but they do provide support while you find other ways of coping with depression. Keeping a mood diary each day might help you realise whether the treatment is having an impact - when your days are bleurgh, you may look back over the last month and realising you're having less bleurgh days than before.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    when u change meds aren't u startin from scratch?. All those months takin fluxotine will be a waste won't it because i'm re-adjustin again to another drug. Oh & I didn't show for my counseling y'day so thy've removed me from the 'case'. I dunno how I'm gonna get through this with no support at all now ..
    Why didn't you go to your counselling?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I'll be honest.. I didn't go 'caus I couldn't be bothered. Walkin to town in the freezing cold just to hear wt I already know. I've had severe social anxiety all my life but improvin it is 2nd to creating a career for myself. I told her this & we looked at ways of gettin back to college (currently applyin for financial support on that front).

Regardin the tablets I'd say my mood has been up & down wereas prior I didn't ever feel positive. On this 20mg fluxotine I've felt hope at times but then i'll crash to despair again .

Really not turning up because you couldn't be bothered doesn't show anyone that you want help and with such underfunded resources they are being much harsher on people who don't turn up to give that space to someone who does.
    When are you seeing the Dr next? Tell them about how things are on your meds...

Hunni, the medical staff can only do so much. You really need to be commited to helping yourself and working with your GP and counsellor. They are trying to help you, but the impetus has to come from you. You can get better, you just have to really want to

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I attended 5 sessions & i've had 5 counsellors altogether, I'm gettin nowhere & I know its down to me. Talk is cheap I need to take action to rewire my mind. I need something, anythin to look forwarrd to. Something that is a release from now 'caus now is hell. I just don't fit in with extroverts at all, I feel completely inadequate towards a cocksure alpha male, however crude thy may be.

What kind of counselling have you had? Could you speak to your GP about something different? Is there a mind group near you that you could attend?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I seriously think I need to stop ADs now guys. They suppress any emotion I feel, I don't feel empathy, nothin. My depression is moderate I think (evn though it feels overwhelming) because i've never felt suicidal, just really depressed for years as a result of my social anxiety.

I appreciate ur advice but I can't progress my emotional state at all if its artificially suppressed. Freein my mind is the only way I can truly 'feel' somethin again. Sedating moderate depression just makes u emotionless in the long term tbh .