Page 21 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

john d
    Got to agree wth the girls on this one.don't want to put you off meds but it took a good 2yrs to find a combo/dose that worked for me but it does take less for others,see your gp if I was you and certainly don't go cold turkey on the meds

If you just stop taking your meds it can lead to more problems. I have to agree with the others and see your GP.
    Going through what your going through is no easy quick fix remedy. It is a tough time, so please continue to take your meds
    Unless your GP tells you not to.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I know wt u guys r sayin but each day is passin me by in bed. I'm in a fixed lucid state 24/7 with these chemicals whizzin roun' my 'ead . Theres pensioners that have more energy than me! . All the doc will do is either up my dose or switch them to another drowsy substance. Drugs have that effect. Citalopram, Mitazopine & now Fluxotine i've had. Talkin 'feelings' through is irrelevant if I feel tired all the time to actually 'act' on what the counsellor is tellin me.

Not all meds cause drowsiness, there are many more options. If you tell your doctor that's a problem for you, they will help. But they can't help you if you don't tell them. And, once the drowsiness goes, you can perhaps investigate the talking therapies.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mirtazapine usually makes people feel drowsy. Out of interest, what dose of Fluoxetine are you on?
    Don't just stop taking your meds, its likely that doing that will make you feel very unwell.
    Please see the GP again?

Are you sure it's the meds causing you to be so tired or could it be something physical?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I'm physically healthy & I eat well, my sleeps been ed for years though so thats also to blame. I go sleep late & awake in the evening. Before the meds though I felt more fresh in my mind. The seretonin has definitely made me more sleepy. Depression/stress/anxiety on their own wear u down without supplements. I tell my doc everytime if hes got somethin tht doesn't mke me drowsy & all he can do is sample somethin else on me like a guinea pig.

Unfortunately, there's never a 'one size fits all' effect with ADs. Your doctor is not treating you like a guinea pig, they're just trying to find out which AD suits you. Different people react differently to different ADs. The doctor is trying to help you, but you have to do your bit too - telling them the meds aren't working for you is a good start.

Suzi's right too, you should ask your GP to rule out physical effects.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Paula's right, you need to tell them what's going on..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    when u change meds aren't u startin from scratch?. All those months takin fluxotine will be a waste won't it because i'm re-adjustin again to another drug. Oh & I didn't show for my counseling y'day so thy've removed me from the 'case'. I dunno how I'm gonna get through this with no support at all now ..