Page 18 of 124 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyRed View Post
    Do you enjoy learning things? Because there are lots of funded college courses around that might open up employment opportunities in the future. Plus at college there's a better chance of making friends with like minded people than in the workplace. Perhaps think what you would like to learn about and make some calls/ internet searches. It might help with the boredom too
    Completely agree with u that college has like minded people, thats y I'm lookin in2 goin back, plus I want a future. However, is the employment rate higher with an education opposed to not?. I'm curious 'caus theres people at Burger King with degrees yet thy're stuck flippin whoppers!. Thats y i'm so hesitant to pursue counselling studies 'caus theres no guarantee of a career at the end of it. I'm scared of getting in2 debt with nothin to show 4 it

Yes that's true, but it's always been the way. I have a degree - actually a good degree which I'm not currently using and may never be able to use again, and I have the debt. But I wouldn't change it. For me it was the right thing to do and I still study various things because it gives me time to be me...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-10-14)

I don't think any education is a waste. I'm currently doing a course that I'm loving, but I'm unlikely ever to be well enough to use it. However, 1. I'm loving it and it's stretching my brain cells and 2. Who knows if it's going to help one day?

If you're keen on counselling, perhaps volunteering at your local CAB could be a step in the right direction?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    ye I think volunteering combined with a qualification is the best way to go. Experience accounts for more than a certificate nowadays, its just finding ways to get that experience. Voluntary is the best way to get it under ur belt 'caus its openly accessible. Hopefully that sense of control will help ease the depression because its still overwhelming. Even after a relatively pleasent day at work I come home & feel detached from the world 1ce again. I'm just desperate to experience a genuine relationship, its all I think about & its made me so miserable.

I'm probably the most caring person in my workplace & I banter with people but there's a divide of 1 big 'clique' & every1 else. Its really annoying & triggers my loneliness everytime I see this group of people. Thats y I'm desperate for somethin fresh because theirs no light at the end of this tunnel .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SA89 For This Useful Post:

Paula (19-10-14)

SA89
    Rights thats it.. there's no point to me carryin on this life. I have no life & I don't wanna be like this for another 20,30,40,50 years. Social anxiety has beaten me & raped me of my self-worth. Everywhere I turn there's people livin life to the full, Its in soul-destroyin.

I'm cryin my eyes out as I'm typin this after yet another miserable day at work of feelin unwanted. I wish I never had anxiety or depression, my quality of life is severely diminished & theres no way out. I don't want to live anymore & I ain't ringin the Samaritans. I'd rather not pro-long the misery ..

Hunni, try to calm down and talk, here and/or the Samaritans. Or please get yourself to A&E. There is always a way out - I've been where you are, lovely, and my doctors found a way every single time. Please, please get yourself to safety
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (19-10-14),magie06 (19-10-14)

I hope you're a bit calmer now, hunni. When was the last time you saw your doctor? What treatments have you had? Medication, CBT, counselling etc? There is so much point to you carrying on, you are such a warm, caring person. This forum is here to help and support each other through tough times, and we will be with you all the way

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Oh hunny I hope you are feeling a little better now. I wish I had a magic wand to help you get through the next few hours. Have you got an emergency doctor that you can get in contact with after hours? Or is your A&E nearby? I now if it was in my case the out of hours doctor is always there for me. Then after seeing him or her there might be a referral to the hospital. I've never had to use this service myself but I know that it's there as a safety net for me if I need it. I hope that you have a safety net like me!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry that you have had a bad day at work, but I do agree with the others that you need to see some medical professionals... I do hope that you get to A+E or a crisis team.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    sorry for being melodramatic, I just wanted to express the sheer despair of depression . Today was better at work because there where new staff so it freshened the scene up a bit. People seem to really like me because I'm easy going & rather quirky but I still don't have a 'circle' of friends'. I'm only 5'3 (which is embarrassing for a male) but people have mentioned I'm gd lookin, yet i've never even had a gf like EVER. Thats y I'm so frustrated..

'Singletons' are single in transition but for us awkward virgins it seems an eternity. I'm not a virgin but thts another story. At least they've experienced love/lust. I dread turnin the lights off at night, thats how deeply lonely I feel. Anyway If u've managed to get through this self-pityin, attention-seekin block of text then u deserve a medal .