Page 17 of 124 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Sorry, can I check how old you are? What do you do with your time during the week when you aren't working?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sorry, can I check how old you are? What do you do with your time during the week when you aren't working?
    I'm 25. I'm in my room all the time on the internet or the playstation except for Mondays were I briefly volunteer as a receptionist at a mental health service. I've been the same ever since play-school, its not autism though 'caus I speak just fine with people. Its more social anxiety were I struggle to engage with people (unless I'm spoken to kinda). I'm really quiet wereas every1 I associate with is the complete opposite. They have the security of an esteemed social life. Close friends, gfs, parties, basically 'normality' that i've always wanted but can only dream about. Some of these people aren't even that endearing tbh but thy're loud and assured which draws them to each other .

Lovely, I've looked back at your earlier posts and noticed you were on ADs but came off them suddenly with no medical supervision. Can I ask if you are taking anything at the moment, and when was the last time you saw your doctor for a checkup?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Staying in your room playing on the playstation isn't going to help at all. Is there anything else that you could be accessing?

SA89
    Nothing interests me enough to get in debt over. I'm sick of applyin for retail jobs & gettin overlooked after the interview but I'm 25 & need to be regularly workin. Basically I don't have customer service experience so I may as well not even bother applyin. I'm a gd saver & live with my mum but 2 days a week at Burger King is not great in ur mid 20s . My voluntary job is gonna give me more responsibility which I'm doin in the hope it leads to paid work. Its a charitable mental health service though so an oppurtunity may never arise!.

I know this may sound like 'woe is me' but everythings heightened when ur a loner. No friends or anythin to pick u up when ur down. I'm on Fluxotine 20mg btw & I saw the doc other week, even he's clueless!. Oh I'm seein a counsellor though who likes to ask me 'how am I feelin' after every f u kn sentence ..

Counsellors are a funny breed. They like to keep in control of the conversation ānd ask awkward or confusing questions to see what your reaction is. However if the questions are bothering you, you can tell him/her how annoyed it is making you.
    The job market can be a tough place and when depression is there, it can be tough to sell yourself in a positive light.
    The only thing there 8th to keep on going. I know it is demoralising getting rejection letter after letter.
    I do hope things get better.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

As the lovely PF suggests, have you told them how that is making you feel?

SA89
    ye I suppose thyre just doin their job. The thing is I see a new job as the only way to build up my confidence & meet new people. In my mind I'm like 'I shall continue to seclude myself until I prove myself with a career plan'. I've refused outings based off this warped mentality. I'm ashamed of where I am in life. I don't even go to the pub or anythin just caus I'm so uncertain about my future .

I don't think you should be ashamed of it at all. No 2 people will do things at the same time.... Give yourself a break.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Do you enjoy learning things? Because there are lots of funded college courses around that might open up employment opportunities in the future. Plus at college there's a better chance of making friends with like minded people than in the workplace. Perhaps think what you would like to learn about and make some calls/ internet searches. It might help with the boredom too

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post: