Page 15 of 124 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    My sleep routines been f u c k ed for years lol , but even if it were gd i'd feel the same tbh. I generally catch up in the day when I'm off work. I'm certain its the meds makin me drowsy 'caus everytime I go on an AD I feel more tired, but thats to be expected. I'm not gonna lie I'm absolutely desperate for a gf just to experience love & affection. Sounds sad I know but It eats away at me every waking day. I often get told I'm gd lookin (despite my lack of height), I just have serious confidence issues ..

I can see where you are coming from, but having a gf isn't automatically going to solve anything or make it better...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (11-08-14)

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I can see where you are coming from, but having a gf isn't automatically going to solve anything or make it better...
    ye ur right, its just so soul-destroyin seein people happy, getting affection, getting married etc when I'm yet to even have my 1st gf! :/. My desire for affection is clouding the real issue which is.. u know what I don't even know what the issue is. All I know is that the way I've been feeling all these years stems from my social withdrawal as a child. I even ran upstairs if some1 knocked on the door, pathetic I know ..

I keep tellin myself everythin will fall in2 place 1ce I'm clear on what career path to take but I'm running in circles. Its the constant loneliness thats draggin me down & sustaining the misery. I wanna feel good for a change, I'm sick of fighting this depression , its a losing battle ..

You're not pathetic, please stop calling yourself that. And fighting the depression is not a losing battle, it's just a case of getting the treatment that's right for you, and that means engaging with whatever medical professional/s necessary. If you've been struggling since you were a child, without dealing with those childhood issues, you're not going to be able to get everything else to fall into place, just because you want it to. Go to your GP, explain what you've said here, and ask for a referral to the relevant psych professional.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

amaeru (10-08-14)

Crouching Hitwoman, Hidden Tea Lady amaeru's Avatar
    Paula's right hunni - Make that appointment.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    You're not pathetic, please stop calling yourself that. And fighting the depression is not a losing battle, it's just a case of getting the treatment that's right for you, and that means engaging with whatever medical professional/s necessary. If you've been struggling since you were a child, without dealing with those childhood issues, you're not going to be able to get everything else to fall into place, just because you want it to. Go to your GP, explain what you've said here, and ask for a referral to the relevant psych professional.
    I'm on a waiting list to see a counsellor. This will be my 5th counsellor lol . Regardin meds I've been taking Fluxotine 20mg for a few month now & they do help in some way 'caus I don't cry as much. If I switch again i'd be startin over again while these have settled in. Maybe I need a stronger dosage I dunno but then I'll likely be more drowsy thus more lazy & less pro-active.

Atm I'm still applying for jobs online whilst working weekends & volunteering on the Monday. Just need something consistent in the week really thats productive. Then my life wouldn't solely revolve around a place where I don't fit in .

If they are helping you, but you don't feel quite right, you can ask to increase..... just go to the GP and explain what's going on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Absolutely agree with Rose. Go and talk to your GP and tell them how you are feeling...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Waiting 2 weeks to see my doctor who's on holiday & I'm gonna try to see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis. Tonight I went out to a few bars for the 1st time in months & it wasn't too bad but I felt rather uncomfortable. Tonight made me realise that I should really try & bulk up my physique because I'm embarrassingly slim compared to my peers! . Plus I'm short as well..

Despite my ill thoughts I managed to get a few moves in on the dancefloor lol. Went out for a family meal prior to clubbin which was nice. I constantly get the 3rd degree though on how I need to be more independent & engage outside of my room. I completely agree, I just find it really difficult to look beyond my insecurities, I'm 25 & I'm ridiculously timid! ..

Have you thought about trying to go to a group who all have similar interests? A dance class or whatever it is that you enjoy?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: