Page 122 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1237

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Failed all 3 interviews because that's the story of my in life. 1 rang & said I did a good interview but claimed there was others that were more "detailed" which is a bull reason because I gave plenty of accurate detail in my answers. I reckon discrimination is a factor, especially when it's so competitive. "Lack of detail" is a way to cover their corporate arse's for what they really think. I'm tired of the whole job search process. Even when I perform well I still get rejected. If they had any idea what those rejections can do to someone as vulnerable as me they'd think twice & be more courteous. They'll be sorry if they hear about me in the news tommorow, strung up from a shower rail ..

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You want to look at my life for example.... From the outside I am married, I have 3 amazing children, a lovely house in a great area with a really large garden, my car that I love, 3 dogs....... the fact that I hope and pray I've lost weight each week, that I have to use mindfulness as a habit and way of life just to be able to move. The fact that it takes me around 30 mins a week to sort out the meds that I take by the handful 4 times a day. You don't see that there are days when I'm having to take Marc his meds in bed because he can't get up, that there are hours when I just sit and listen to him or H, that I'm terrified about B going off to uni because of his Aspies and I can be there to help...
    What I'm trying to say is that yes on the outside I have everything, on the inside that's not quite how things are - don't assume because you don't know.... It's actually a massive achievement that you have actually tried fighting this for so long....
    wow ur a proper trooper, is that what inspired you to run this forum?. Do you suffer with depression like the users on here or are you more emotionally balanced?. And ye your right that a nice house doesn't equate to good mental health because it's just stuff at the end of the day. That's why even millionaire celebrities suffer like George Michael. There's even homeless people that have better mental health than rich people. I tried mindfulness recently by sitting in the garden & being "present". I think I need to practice it more. And ye battling depression & anxiety for so long is an achievement caus many would have killed themselves by now, especially being as reclusive as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Sweetie, even when I was in a psychiatric hospital, staff often didn’t realise I was a patient because I was always clean and nicely dressed. I had a great husband (who visited me every day) and 2 gorgeous, well adjusted daughters. And yet I was ill enough to need to be a patient. I haven’t been able to work for almost 12 years because I’m so ill yet anyone meeting me is unlikely to see the anxiety, the pain etc etc. What I’m trying to say is that it’s rare that anyone shows the crap, we all want people to think our lives are perfect. Don’t believe all you see on Facebook ...
    Exactly, it's amazing how much a front people put on when the reality is so different. But I think with "normal" mentally functioning people they're able to deal with that reality better. People who don't suffer with their mental health operate on a balanced emotional frequency which they've sustained through resilience. It's so easy to fall below that balance but they have the mental tools to sustain their wellbeing. That's why sadness to most people can be managed wereas we'd fall into despair. I wish I knew the answer to restore that balance. What I'd give to simply feel "normal" and experience joy and excitement. Even when I see people laughing I'm envious because I'm incapable of "feeling"..

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    If you are worried about other people being 'more ahead' than you are, then don't! Don't forget that Richard Branson was a good age when he set up Virgin airlines, Morgan Freeman was in his 50's before he was discovered. There are loads more examples out there, of people who didn't follow the 'normal' time lines!
    Why blend in when you were made to stand out?!
    That's true & inspiring. I've always stood but for the opposite reasons due to my awkwardness and timid quirks. Simply being independent would be an achievement for me as I've never had that. I always think "I can't live life until I have a job". That mindset makes me put off socializing. A job isn't just about the money for me, it's more about the sense of belonging & purpose that I desperately need. I desperately need a routine because I'm not just a recluse, I'm a hermit. That's why I feel like my issues are really unique & complexed because I've been this way my whole life. It's had a profound effect on my mental health as you can imagine. I carry the loneliness like a tight leash around a puppy desperate for freedom. I'm the definition of a star that can't shine ..

[QTE=SA89;392984] twice & be more courteous. They'll be sorry if they hear about me in the news tommorow, strung up from a shower rail ..

wow ur a proper trooper, is that what inspired you to run this forum?. Do you suffer with depression like the users on here or are you more emotionally balanced?. And ye your right that a nice house doesn't equate to good mental health because it's just stuff at the end of the day. That's why even millionaire celebrities suffer like George Michael. There's even homeless people that have better mental health than rich people. I tried mindfulness recently by sitting in the garden & being "present". I think I need to practice it more. And ye battling depression & anxiety for so long is an achievement caus many would have killed themselves by now, especially being as reclusive as I am.

Exactly, it's amazing how much a front people put on when the reality is so different. But I think with "normal" mentally functioning people they're able to deal with that reality better. People who don't suffer with their mental health operate on a balanced emotional frequency which they've sustained through resilience. It's so easy to fall below that balance but they have the mental tools to sustain their wellbeing. That's why sadness to most people can be managed wereas we'd fall into despair. I wish I knew the answer to restore that balance. What I'd give to simply feel "normal" and experience joy and excitement. Even when I see people laughing I'm envious because I'm incapable of "feeling"..

That's true & inspiring. I've always stood but for the opposite reasons due to my awkwardness and timid quirks. Simply being independent would be an achievement for me as I've never had that. I always think "I can't live life until I have a job". That mindset makes me put off socializing. A job isn't just about the money for me, it's more about the sense of belonging & purpose that I desperately need. I desperately need a routine because I'm not just a recluse, I'm a hermit. That's why I feel like my issues are really unique & complexed because I've been this way my whole life. It's had a profound effect on my mental health as you can imagine. I carry the loneliness like a tight leash around a puppy desperate for freedom. I'm the definition of a star that can't shine ..[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Failed all 3 interviews because that's the story of my in life. 1 rang & said I did a good interview but claimed there was others that were more "detailed" which is a bull reason because I gave plenty of accurate detail in my answers. I reckon discrimination is a factor, especially when it's so competitive. "Lack of detail" is a way to cover their corporate arse's for what they really think. I'm tired of the whole job search process. Even when I perform well I still get rejected. If they had any idea what those rejections can do to someone as vulnerable as me they'd think twice & be more courteous. They'll be sorry if they hear about me in the news tommorow, strung up from a shower rail ..
    That's a terrible thing to say.... That screams lack of respect for anyone who has taken their own lives, those who fight those thoughts on a daily basis and does nothing to make you sound anything like someone who has any respect for anyone at all. It goes against everything that I and thousands of others fight against that kind of flippant comment and stigma around depression and suicide.
    Why exactly do you think they are discriminating against you?
    In what way do you think you gave enough detail, but they didn't - give examples?

Your first sentence here sounds so rude! I'm not, and never have been wanting praise or "well done you" or similar. It's not about that, that isn't why I posted what I did. I hardly ever say how things really are for me.
    No I don't have diagnosed depression - I have had post natal depression 3 times and I have cared for Marc with his breakdowns, and recoveries... Mindfulness is more than sitting in the garden trying to be present once. It takes hours of practise.
    You being a recluse is your choice. There are so many things you could try, but you don't ever seem to take responsibility for any of this...
    It's also important to note that you don't have to be someone who shuts themselves away to be someone who takes their own lives. Again - a flippant comment which does nothing to show you as a respectful and thoughtful human being at all.

Continued in the next post.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-04-19),Jaquaia (13-04-19)

That's true & inspiring. I've always stood but for the opposite reasons due to my awkwardness and timid quirks. Simply being independent would be an achievement for me as I've never had that. I always think "I can't live life until I have a job". That mindset makes me put off socializing. A job isn't just about the money for me, it's more about the sense of belonging & purpose that I desperately need. I desperately need a routine because I'm not just a recluse, I'm a hermit. That's why I feel like my issues are really unique & complexed because I've been this way my whole life. It's had a profound effect on my mental health as you can imagine. I carry the loneliness like a tight leash around a puppy desperate for freedom. I'm the definition of a star that can't shine ..
    Actually you have the same chances as countless others. You do, however seem to be wallowing in self pity. That isn't something I say lightly, but what things are you doing to help yourself? What therapy are you doing? Are you pushing yourself to get up, get dressed? Are you eating and drinking properly? Are you doing things like helping your Mum around the flat? What about signing up to a free online course or something that proves to potential employers that you are wanting to learn, to progress, to challenge yourself? In all the time I've known you, it's always been someone else's fault that you don't have a gf, a job, the right therapy, etc... Maybe some of it is down to the choices that you make.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but some of what you've said has really upset and offended me. I am just saying it as I see it....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-04-19),Jaquaia (13-04-19)

“They'll be sorry if they hear about me in the news tommorow, strung up from a shower rail ..”

I apologise now but I’m going to have a little rant. This isn’t something I do but the above quote has hit a raw nerve.

That last sentence in your first paragraph is unbelievable. I would say that over the last six months I have battled suicidal thoughts on a daily basis for about 4-5months. It is a flippant comment that shows no respect for me and thousands of others like me that have battled against these thoughts to still be here now. I have stayed in bed all day, not left the house, or showered etc and sometimes that’s what you need to do but also only you can start making the changes. Living with depression isn’t easy but I’m doing what I can for myself without wallowing in self pity.

Rant over.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (13-04-19),Paula (13-04-19),Suzi (13-04-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Allalone View Post
    “They'll be sorry if they hear about me in the news tommorow, strung up from a shower rail ..”

I apologise now but I’m going to have a little rant. This isn’t something I do but the above quote has hit a raw nerve.

That last sentence in your first paragraph is unbelievable. I would say that over the last six months I have battled suicidal thoughts on a daily basis for about 4-5months. It is a flippant comment that shows no respect for me and thousands of others like me that have battled against these thoughts to still be here now. I have stayed in bed all day, not left the house, or showered etc and sometimes that’s what you need to do but also only you can start making the changes. Living with depression isn’t easy but I’m doing what I can for myself without wallowing in self pity.

Rant over.
    This is exactly what I meant when I posted what I did...

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I didn't reply to you last night as I too was disgusted and would have ranted.

Other candidates could have given better answers and were more suitable for the role. You weren't n their interviews, you have no idea if they did better than you or not. By dismissing this as a possibility you are being pretty horrible to the others and sound pretty entitled and to be brutally honest, like a spoilt child. Just because you felt you did enough doesn't mean that you were right for them or that no one else could have done better than you.

Most people experience rejections before getting a job offer, it's just how the world is. But to dismiss it as discrimination without even a shred of evidence is disgusting. So many people are discriminated against on a daily basis and can't do anything about it as there is no evidence. People throwing around that accusation because things didn't go their way makes things harder for them.

And if you're vulnerable enough that a job rejection would make you suicidal then you're obviously not well enough to be applying just yet. That's on you, not them and to blame it on them is utterly abhorrent. They're not going to offer you a job just in case rejecting you affects your mental health, they want the best fit for their business.

And your last sentence is incredibly disrespectful to those of us who have battled with suicidal thoughts! It's comments like that which is why people aren't taken seriously. A year ago I was suicidal, there were a number of occasions when I found myself stood holding a handful of opiods when sorting my mums meds and thinking "what if...". I had to battle bloody hard to not act on those thoughts and to see you say that, what came across as "It would teach them a lesson if I killed myself..." no, just no!

Stop blaming everyone else for your life and take some responsibility. You won't start getting better until you do. Listen to the advice you've been given here instead of dismissing it. If you're so dead set against meds, get some counselling. Try mindfulness like Suzi has suggested on a number of occasions. Contact your local Mind and see what help they can offer. See if there is a Recovery College in your area. Search for courses that will get you out and meeting people. There are so many options but you have to be willing to try them.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-04-19),Suzi (13-04-19)

SA89
    I'm sorry for the offence I've caused & ye it was flippant but I was ed off yesterday, we all say things we regret. I've had rejection all my life & it hurts. I speak my mind maybe too much at times. Some of what I said has been misconstrued & this is why I hate text speak. I'm trying to be a better person but this isn't gonna happen overnight, I have a mountain to climb. It hurts that everything I've said positive on here to people is now seemingly dismissed or misinterpreted as "rude". Don't why I even bother tbh .

Mira
    Trying to be a better person is something commendable. And so worth striving for. It is understandable that yesterday may not have been the best day you could have. It would throw off a lot of us. And rejection stings. If its just or not. This is something we all understand. We all have had rejection and failures in our lives. Some we can not change and some that might be our own fault. But the one thing we all can control is how we react to this. And making comments to people that try to help is not helpful.

Speaking your mind is good. And you should always do that. But there are polite ways of doing it without getting these kind of reactions.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-04-19),Jaquaia (13-04-19),Paula (13-04-19),Strugglingmum (13-04-19),Suzi (13-04-19)

I'm sorry for the offence I've caused & ye it was flippant but I was ed off yesterday, we all say things we regret. I've had rejection all my life & it hurts. I speak my mind maybe too much at times. Some of what I said has been misconstrued & this is why I hate text speak. I'm trying to be a better person but this isn't gonna happen overnight, I have a mountain to climb. It hurts that everything I've said positive on here to people is now seemingly dismissed or misinterpreted as "rude". Don't why I even bother tbh .
    Thing is, you made some hideous comments in that post and there was no remorse at all - you could have sent a message to myself or any of the team saying that you made some comments that you wish you hadn't and could we help by editing your post, but you didn't. Honestly? I don't think that you would be apologising now if people hadn't commented and said how much you upset them.
    Rejection? From here? That's utter b(llocks. We have always welcomed you, no matter what you say or how much we suggest things that you either do or don't act on. No one here has ever rejected you. I have never asked you not to speak your mind, just to be respectful of others and their struggles...
    What exactly do you think has been misconstrued or misinterpreted as "rude"?
    I just want to point out that you have no issues making yourself understood at all on here and you never have done since you stopped text speak

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-04-19),Jaquaia (13-04-19),Paula (14-04-19)