Page 12 of 124 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Definitely agree with the others that going back an talking to your GP is the best course of action...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    How can u tell if the dosage ur on is too weak? I'm on 20mg & its hard to tell if its workin caus I'm still really depressed just not crying as much. If I up it to 30 wouldn't that just make me even more drowsy?.. Oh & seein a counsellor at 11am, just need to wake up for it!

You just have to speak to your GP, explain how you're currently feeling, including any side effects such as drowsiness, and they'll be the one to decide whether dosage needs to be adjusted or a different AD tried. But please remember that it can take up to 8 weeks to really feel the benefits of an AD.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Definitely have a chat with the GP. Before you go for the appointment try to write a list of what's better, what's worse, what's the same. That information will help the GP decide whether its the right AD for you and doses etc.

Absolutely agree. Go and tell your Dr as much as you can about how you are really feeling. Tell them everything -it will help. Let them talk you through the options that are available..

SA89
    I just feel like basic needs are not being met such as the need for affection. When u've never had a gf thats bound to get to u. Its incredibly frustratin.. No amount of pills will fill that void .

True, but the meds can boost your mood so you feel more capable of tackling the issues in your life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

As Paula says, the meds will help to keep your mood more stable so you can work on other things you might need to...

I agree with Paula and Suzi. Fluoxetine is slow acting medication and it will take about 6 weeks to start seeing real benefits, its one you have to be really patient with.

SA89
    I've noticed my depression is worse during the week when I'm not doing anything. On weekends when I'm working my mind just kinda mellows out. Work really is the best therapy. Simply being around people at a given workplace is a comfort even if ur socially awkward like me. It also bridges that isolation however temporary.

I've decided to continue my 20mg fluxotine for the time being because I don't wanna compromise the 6 week effect its already had on me (if any). Oh & I missed my counselling (caus' 11am is too early for me to dissect my life) so I'm back on the waiting list ..