Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1237

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Sweetie, you’ve worked so hard to get to where you are now with your work. I wish your anxiety wasn’t preventing you from enjoying your achievement. That said, everyone is tense going into a new Work environment and we’ve all been there

Maybe next time there’s a comment about your participation, you could tell whoever it is that you’re reserved but that it doesn’t mean you aren’t committed to the job
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I totally agree with Paula. You've done so well to get to where you are.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Another day, another rejection. Got stood up by a girl because she "wasn't in the mood". We agreed to meet today then as I was in the bath she decided she couldn't be arsed. Then she texted this diamond of a line "we havent spoken properly yet". Then why did u agree to meet then? And isn't that the whole point?. I even suggested talkin on the phone but no, excuses excuses. Tired of these f**** games that people play .

I can feel myself sinking after feelin hopeful of a date. Rejection is dangerous for someone with depression & anxiety. I'll be workin from tommorow non stop with this despair hanging over me. I keep crying randomly as well, I'm not in a good place at all. I appreciate u sayin its been an achievement for me to become a support worker. I just don't feel it. I feel so hopeless ..
    Last edited by SA89; 23-06-18 at 04:47 PM.

Then you need to challenge your thoughts. Actively stop yourself and make yourself tell yourself something positive each time... You can get through this lovely - are you sure you wouldn't find going back to the Dr and talking things through with them as a helpful thing?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    My doctor has no answer other than medication to which I've exhausted. My counsellor suggested a worry group though & maybe a psychologist. As soon as I read ur post I was in floods of tears again because I feel so helpless.

Today I completed my 2nd shadow shift. It was the dullest 7 hours of my life, sat on the sofa all day. Tommorow I'll be more hands on apparently as I start properly. I'm ed off though that its all male staff.

I contacted the service manager & she told me to give it a week at the service & see how I feel. Its just my preference to not be pigeonholed with all male. I'm on every single day as well in a service I didnt ask for ..

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I thought I had exhausted the medication route but I've finally found one that has improved things for me.

Is there a recovery college in your area?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

I'd be surprised if you'd exhausted all the medication options tbh... When did you last go and talk to them about how you are feeling?

Thing is, it’s sometimes not about how many of the meds you’ve tried, and sometimes about how they’re combined. I’m on 2 ADs of very different groups plus a mood stabiliser plus something that helps with anxiety. While most people don’t need that, adding in another ad, for instance, can be the boost needed
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    My GP only prescribes Sertraline, Citalopram, Fluxotine & Mirtazipine as the others are not as safe apparently. They mess with heart rhythm for instance. I've been cold turkey from Sertraline since January as I don't want drugs in my system.

I have herbal tea but need to drink it more to see if it helps. I'm definitely not right though. I'm gettin very emotional everyday. It doesn't help that I work with staff who are all happily married with a family. That makes me feel so inadequate & really triggers my loneliness ..

Then you need to ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. And I’m sorry but ‘not as safe’ doesn’t cut it for me when someone’s quality of life is suffering - particularly as most of them are absolutely ok for most people. Venlafaxine, for instance, is widely used and very effective. It has potential side effects but no more so than others (in fact I found mirtazapine harder to handle than Venlafaxine).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (24-06-18)