Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

I take Fluoxetine and it takes a while to work. I didn't even get side-effects until about day 7. I would suggest keeping a simple daily diary of how you feel.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Hiya, welcome to the site from me, even if I am coming a little late to the conversation!

I notice that (quite a few posts back) you made a list. One of the things on it was exercise. Do you manage to do any?
    I really think that one of the reasons I recovered from depression last time around was because I was exercising loads. I did a mixture of things on my own and things at clubs etc. The endorphines you get really lift your mood, and it can be a good way of making friends with a different crowd of people. So, like a rock climbing club is somewhere you can go on your own and boulder, or rope climb with others.. There are often clubs that go away for the weekend etc. Just an example.

(I can't really talk because I'm not doing anything at the moment, but I plan to again soon!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Thx guys . I did that list a while back & since then i'll be honest i've done absolutely nothing towards changing my lifestyle .. I've continued in my rut of despair, watching the world cup from my lonely bedroom. A lot of that despair stems from a basic need to be loved affectionately. I put on the big 'care-free' persona but its just a front to somehow appear functionel. 24 yrs of being socially inept whats another 60?.. I'd not rather not live than spend another 60 yrs or so lonely ..

Why hunni? Why haven't you done things to help yourself?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Have you been back to your GP for a med review? And you really do need to push yourself to get out, maybe do some exercise - but get away from the tv. That lifestyle is just going to bring your mood down
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Its been my lifestyle pretty much all my life .. I think the reason y I stay in this rut is because it feels pointless pushing myself when there's nothing to push towards if that makes sense. And the moments I do push myself (like lookin for a new job or tryin to make friends at work) I either get rejected or i'm misunderstood. I'm consumed by my insecurities & its soo frustratin. I've not had a med review but I've been taking fluxotine regularly for about a month or so I think .

Are you still waiting for a counselling appointment?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    ye i've been waiting months!. I'm surprised I have some sense of sanity left being around people who constantly brag about their girlfriends & setting up a family..

Hello.... are you on 20mg Fluoxetine? I had to take more than that before I saw real improvements. I think its a good idea to get yourself back to the doctor to discuss it.
    Its very difficult to get motivated to help yourself but just start with something really small.

And, when you see your dr, ask for the counselling to be chased up