Page 108 of 124 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1237

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Yes I did mention Turkey but that was an over protective mother trying to tell her 19 yo daughter what to do. So don't listen to me ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

There are more than 4 ad's lovely - which ones have you tried?
    Jaq is right, it doesn't have to be an AD to help with anxiety...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Did you know that there are medications that purely tackle anxiety? I take propanolol which, although technically a beta blocker, is used to treat the physical symptoms of anxiety. It helps massively to relieve the racing heartbeat and tight chest feeling I get. It might be something worth discussing with your gp, see if there's anything you can take to ease the anxiety while the CBT starts to work
    My anxiety hasn't been as intense since the last couple days, its still very much present though bubbling beneath the surface. Its been more my depression, fluctuating between despair and somewhat on the edge of despair. When its the latter it tricks me into thinking its under control & that I'm doing fine. I'm aware this is a false dawn though .. Most importantly I need to get out of this bloody room & give myself a purpose, that's the best medicine I reckon..

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    There are more than 4 ad's lovely - which ones have you tried?
    Jaq is right, it doesn't have to be an AD to help with anxiety...
    I've tried Setraline, Citalopram, Fluxotine & Mitazipine several times over at various doses. My doctor won't prescribe anythin else because they're considered the 'safe' options by NHS standards. These pills just made me want to sleep all day which made it even harder to get self-motivated. That's why I'm so against them.. I'm stressed at the moment with my income because I've not been paid for months by Universal credit. I missed 1 appointment so they won't pay me. My money is evaporating before my eyes which makes me even more guilty that I just paid for an holiday ..

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Yes I did mention Turkey but that was an over protective mother trying to tell her 19 yo daughter what to do. So don't listen to me ....
    How did she find it? I'm going end of September in Antalya. I went to Altinkum a few years ago & enjoyed it to an extent. My anxiety kinda got in the way of me enjoying it but thats something I have to live with. I went when I was a kid as well.

I've tried Setraline, Citalopram, Fluxotine & Mitazipine several times over at various doses. My doctor won't prescribe anythin else because they're considered the 'safe' options by NHS standards.
    There's plenty more that are widely used in the NHS and different types are listed here. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Antidep...roduction.aspx For example, I'm on venlafaxine and amitryptaline. And venlafaxine, for instance, doesn't normally cause drowsiness - I take mine in the morning. If your gp is unwilling to prescribe something else, get a second opinion, please

My daughter hasn't booked a holiday yet, she's hoping to get a late deal
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

If you haven't got any income, have you called them to find out why they aren't paying you currently and how you rectify it so you do have money coming in?

SA89
    I'm in serious mental distress right now, I've been crying all day uncontrollably . I even broke down in front of my mum as soon as she asked me "how are u, are u ok?". Completely set me off again. Basically, the b******* at Universal Credit have informed that I won't be getting paid for the foreseeable future because I have sanctions pending.

A week ago they told me I had 18 days left & now they've told me I've got another 1 lasting 500+ days immediately after. I've been attending consistently over the last few months & I thought I was finally at the end of my sanction. As soon as I put the phone down I was engulfed in a sea of despair. The world seems completely bleak & I fear for my future. I can't pay my mum & I have a holiday upcoming.

I'm constantly living in a state of perpetual fear & living with a psychotic brother only fuels my anxiety. Last week he smashed the house up, threatened my mum & was goading me to come out of my room with these sinister words "Get him out of his room, tell him I've got a knife waiting for him..".

My anxiety that night was an indescribable fear. I feared for my mum downstairs, I feared for someone getting hurt . I'm back on Setraline but at a lower 50mg to start. Today was the 1st pill I swallowed in months since going cold turkey. I have no choice. My mental wellbeing is not right at all. I attended a voluntary information day as well & have started a health & social course so yeah that's my update. I want to disappear ..

Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry things are so bad for you right now.
    Why do you have sanctions? Why are they over 500 days? Can you get to the CAB and get some help to sort this out? You can't live on thin air?! Have you applied for PIP?
    WRT your brother - he needs reporting to the police and you and your Mum need to get somewhere to get some help and protection from him .

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry things are so bad for you right now.
    Why do you have sanctions? Why are they over 500 days? Can you get to the CAB and get some help to sort this out? You can't live on thin air?! Have you applied for PIP?
    WRT your brother - he needs reporting to the police and you and your Mum need to get somewhere to get some help and protection from him .
    My mums really worried about me. I was in distress again today & I've had very little sleep for 2 days. I somehow managed to attend my health & social course & a student there empathised with my situation. They said its abuse even though its not physical. It only happens to that extreme when hes had alcohol. Everyday though he verbally intimidates people. He blackmails my mum by saying "sorry" & threatens us if we ever report him for being "grasses"..

I'm gonna try & claim Carers allowance & income support because my mum has Lupus. Btw is 50mg Setraline too low to have an effect?. I've had it before oc but I had to take it to 100. I've been given 2 packs of 50mg now so I guess I should just take them. I need somethin right, especially with a holiday comin up. I don't know how I can possibly enjoy it with all this s*** hangin over me ..
    Last edited by SA89; 20-09-17 at 08:41 PM.

Oh hunni... It is abuse, both abusing you and your poor Mum. Lupus is horrible, I really sympathise - she certainly doesn't need the crap from your brother. Have you two spoken about it and what options there are? I hear that reporting things anonymously can easily be done through crimestoppers
    Did the Dr give you the 50mg? I would suggest you start it for a couple of weeks and see how you are doing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I'm in Turkey right now with a group of people I barely know. I feel like a complete outsider & I overheard my mum tellin them I have severe anxiety & depression. Theres a gay couple and 3 beautiful girls who all know each other. I'm tryin to fit in but its tough when you have the weight of a mental illness hanging over ur every move. I can't even laugh properly, thats how f***** my head is.

I've brought my Setraline with me but I feel compromised by my depression wereas everyone else is free of this burden ..