Page 107 of 124 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1237

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Or you could take a holiday at the same time on your own somewhere and meet new people. Even somewhere in the UK not to far away. Do something you always wanted to try but never did. Then if you make any friendships the people won't be too far away. Just a thought.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I'm really anxious about this holiday because I know that Turkey has had some threat lately. Its been booked now for sept 26th so theres no turnin back. Its in Anya which is the central part of Turkey apparently. I'm also worried about getting some sleep over there because I struggle even at home.

The last time I went Turkey I was awake all night on some days which affected me the next day. My anxiety was horrendous because I couldn't stop thinkin of how s*** my life is back home (no prospects, no girlfriend etc..). A couple of week ago I would have been so excited because my confidence was on the rise but I've crashed freefall into a pit of despair again ..

Can you try really hard to make sure that each negative you think you stop and counter it with a positive.. You might make new friends, you might have a brilliant time!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

It seems to me that you feel horrible about almost every aspect of your life right now. Do you think that if you weren't struggling with depression and anxiety that you would be enjoying the things that you have? Or is it the situations that are making you feel like this in the first place? To me it seems like the second one, but maybe it is a mix. I am just wondering why you keep going with things that you do not seem to want to do.. It would be my best wish for you that you could build a life for yourself that you could enjoy. Instead your energy is used for things that do not bring you happiness or peace.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Can you try really hard to make sure that each negative you think you stop and counter it with a positive.. You might make new friends, you might have a brilliant time!
    I'm sufferin so much suzi with my anxiety, I can't begin to describe how much pain I'm goin through . My heart is racing like its gonna burst out of my chest. I'm tense, agitated, fearful, emotional, depressed, everythin u can imagine.. I've booked a blood test to check I'm not anemic. I want the world the swallow me up because I'm curled up in bed & I don't know were else to turn ..

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
    It seems to me that you feel horrible about almost every aspect of your life right now. Do you think that if you weren't struggling with depression and anxiety that you would be enjoying the things that you have? Or is it the situations that are making you feel like this in the first place? To me it seems like the second one, but maybe it is a mix. I am just wondering why you keep going with things that you do not seem to want to do.. It would be my best wish for you that you could build a life for yourself that you could enjoy. Instead your energy is used for things that do not bring you happiness or peace.
    Ur right Amaya, I feel like the only way i'll ever 'solve' my deep insecurities is to get a job & a girlfriend but it doesn't work like that because I have to love myself before anything. I think it's a mix of both the situation & my mental disorder. I hate being on benefits because I feel worthless & I hate having never experienced a relationship at the age of 28. My anxiety stemmed from when I was a kid. I remember being unusually shy compared to the other kids at school. I use to absolutely dread break times because I was always alone. I was a worrier even before the age of 7, how messed up is that!.

My anxiety was manageable 2 weeks ago because I was engaged with a new group of people. I felt on top of the world for the first time in ages. I had more energy as well from goin cold turkey but I've crashed massively recently. On top of that I'm now fretting about my holiday to Turkey because its a risky country. I'm hyperventaletin at the prospect when I should be excited ..

Are you sure that you shouldn't go back to the Dr and tell them how you are feeling? I know you said you don't want to take the meds, but there might be one which suits you better and actually does help your depression?....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It does sound like you might need to get some kind of medical help alongside making some changes in your life. Maybe therapy? Meds are always an option, but if you were anxious at such a young age then you probably need some very in depth therapeutic work. Are these new friends people you will see again do you think?

Anxiety is really debilitating. I am going through quite a crisis right now because of it and the only thing I can think is good advice is to get as much support as you can in every way, positive people in your social life and family.. and medical professionals who will really listen and explore the options with you. I would also stay away from people who are not good for your health. I had almost no social contacts when I had to go into hospital three months ago. It took a while, but I have two girls I meet up with regularly now and maybe a third too.. It was scary to start because you wonder what people will think of you.. but eventually with effort you can build a small network of supportive people who will enjoy spending time with you. I started by texting a lot of people I knew through my Dutch course and these were the only two that kept in touch. It was terrifying to start, try to open up to people. But now I know it was worth it.

About the holiday.. If it could be a positive time for you then it is worth fighting through the anxiety to the good time on the other side. I find anxiety is always worse before doing something and once you get started it usually reduces or goes away completely. However if it is not something you actually want, then why put yourself through it when you can just cancel. In other words, do what you want and don't let the anxiety boss you around. And whether you go on this holiday or not, I really hope you do have one because it sounds to me like you could really use one! Maybe you can make the deal with yourself that you are going to have a holiday and then all you have to do is choose between Turkey or somewhere else. I think a change of scenery will give you a good boost

Oh hunni . I've always said that, rubbish as it is, I can manage depression but anxiety, on the other hand, completely screws up my life. I do wish you would go back to see your GP ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
    It does sound like you might need to get some kind of medical help alongside making some changes in your life. Maybe therapy? Meds are always an option, but if you were anxious at such a young age then you probably need some very in depth therapeutic work. Are these new friends people you will see again do you think?

About the holiday.. If it could be a positive time for you then it is worth fighting through the anxiety to the good time on the other side. I find anxiety is always worse before doing something and once you get started it usually reduces or goes away completely. However if it is not something you actually want, then why put yourself through it when you can just cancel.
    On Friday I had that exact same anxiety but I got up, had a shower & got myself down to the pub and I ended up chattin to a few people there. Some even shared their experiences with anxiety & I sat down with someone who told me deep stuff about being abused. It was reassuring to see that I'm not the only 1 with struggles & it shows that even in the midst of mental turmoil we can take action to alleviate it.

On Saturday I actually felt ok because I had that social contact the night before. Today however has been the same torture all over again with my anxiety . I've noticed my depression is twice as worse the moment I wake up, anyone else feel like that?. Its the most awful despair imaginable. It either improves as the day progresses or stays as bad as when first waking. I'm seein a counsellor for CBT & in regards to those friends they're more my mums friends & they're always busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Are you sure that you shouldn't go back to the Dr and tell them how you are feeling? I know you said you don't want to take the meds, but there might be one which suits you better and actually does help your depression?....
    They helped my anxiety but they didn't really help my depression because they make you more tired which in turn makes you even more un-motivated. At least now I have the motivation because I'm far less tired. The catch is that my anxiety is far worse so its a double edged sword. I'd take being less tired though anyday because I don't feel constricted by those side effects.

Ruminating in my room all day is what's festering my negative thoughts & that triggers the anxiety into a vicious spiral. I've had Mitazipine in my draw for a while now but I refuse to take it because I've tried all 4 AD types countless times. My doctor won't give me any other options because he's restricted. As soon as I stopped I had a lease of life. It's such a relief to have my energy levels uncompromised by drugs. I need someone to give me a break now in voluntary or whatever to give me a routine. That's frustrating me atm ..

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Oh hunni . I've always said that, rubbish as it is, I can manage depression but anxiety, on the other hand, completely screws up my life. I do wish you would go back to see your GP ......
    I saw my GP recently, he can't do anymore more than offer me the 4 main ADs which I've had 1000 times over. I'm having a blood test anyway this week so that should shed some light (or darkness ..). I think your right about depression being more manageable. They're both equally awful but anxiety is destructive both physically & mentally. Depression feeds into that anxiety because it circulates those negative thoughts. By the way did you mention somethin about Turkey before or was it someone else?. I'm going there in a few weeks & I'm very anxious about it..
    Last edited by SA89; 20-08-17 at 10:21 PM.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Did you know that there are medications that purely tackle anxiety? I take propanolol which, although technically a beta blocker, is used to treat the physical symptoms of anxiety. It helps massively to relieve the racing heartbeat and tight chest feeling I get. It might be something worth discussing with your gp, see if there's anything you can take to ease the anxiety while the CBT starts to work
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post: