Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1237

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

That's wonderful news long may it continue!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OMG That's the most positive post I've ever heard from you! That's awesome! I'm so thrilled for you!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    How do you keep the black dog on a leash because I can feel myself slippin .. I know that u should avoid triggers but its easier said than done. My personal triggers have been well documented here which are oc loneliness & havin no career goin for me.

How can u ignore these triggers when everywhere u turn its slapped in ur face?. When I returned from camping its been miserable to be back at my council house with my sociopathic brother again.. I feel like I'll never get to experience whats its like to have my own car, a loving partner, my own house & a career.

I feel trapped on benefits on a s*** council estate. I want to get into social care as well. There just seems to be so many hurdles & its like some have it made (those in big families who go on trips often etc). I'm getting nowhere on these shallow dating sites either & I'm a good lookin decent lad with lots to offer ..
    Last edited by SA89; 06-07-17 at 09:01 PM.

How long have you been off your meds lovely? Did you come off them slowly or just stop cold turkey?
    If you're that unhappy living at home have you thought about moving out? Maybe making the life that you want?

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How long have you been off your meds lovely? Did you come off them slowly or just stop cold turkey?
    If you're that unhappy living at home have you thought about moving out? Maybe making the life that you want?
    I stopped cold turkey & ya know what? I feel liberated. The first week was rough as I was crying a lot uncontrollably out of the blue. That was exasperated by the alcohol. I was in floods of tears the next day from drinkin despite only having a pint or so.

I feel like my mind is more 'clear' though to an extent & I feel a bit more emotionally free. So I'm runnin without them because I think we should question everythin regardless of what the 'system' tell us, in this case paid doctors.

I've been workin out twice a week & I'm gonna look into some foods that are high in serotonine. Btw is health & social a good career to get into & is there lots of opportunities?. I'm doin a taster at college but I'm adamant to not be wipin arses for a livin .

These paid doctors have trained and worked all their lives (and work bloody long hours too) to be able to help you with your health problems. They have to put up with constant abuse from patients, spend more time with other people's families than their own, they're constantly fighting against being overworked, they're underpaid, and they deal with underfunded working conditions 100% of the time.

I don't wish to be harsh but, if you don't respect others, they're not going to respect you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    These paid doctors have trained and worked all their lives (and work bloody long hours too) to be able to help you with your health problems. They have to put up with constant abuse from patients, spend more time with other people's families than their own, they're constantly fighting against being overworked, they're underpaid, and they deal with underfunded working conditions 100% of the time.

I don't wish to be harsh but, if you don't respect others, they're not going to respect you.
    What do u mean if u don't respect others they're not going to respect u? I don't understand the context.

Who am I not respecting?. Ask anyone who knows me & they'll tell u I'm nothing but respectful, always have been. I'm the polar opposite of what my brother is. Are u assuming I don't respect people on dating sites?. If so then thats wrong & I'm sick of us guys being stereotyped as 'playa' types.

In regards to doctors, how is that relevant to me going cold turkey after years of being fed pills simply because its the only percieved 'solution'?. I've tried the 4 main AD' at various doses for several years so now I'm quittin them. So far I'm glad I did despite the initial rough patch. Question everythin anyone tells u in this world. That's including doctors who are paid handsomely by the NHS. Only u know ur mind .

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Paid handsomely by the NHS? Really? Don't believe everything the Government and the media tells you. And for the record, there are actually 27 licensed antidepressants on the market. There aren't 4 main ones, there are common ones that tend to work better for most people. Quite frankly, I think advising people to question everything doctors tell you, is dangerous and short-sighted. They undergo 10 years of training just to be able to practice as a GP and are constantly having to train to keep up with new treatments and developments. Google is not an adequate resource. And that's the problem with depression isn't it, we're quite often not in our right mind. I haven't seen a single GP who thinks pills are the only solution; counselling, CBT, mindfulness, exercise to name but a few.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-07-17)

SA - sweetheart, doctors deserve far more pay then they get and Paula and Jaq are right - there are many other meds, not just 4 and there are loads of different options for therapy.
    Re social and care work - what kind of job is it you want? Surely as you've been talking about it for as long as I've known you, you'd have followed what jobs come vacant etc? As to not spending your time "wiping arses" I find that incredibly insensitive and that shows no respect to the client base at all. My Mum worked in an old peoples nursing home for years and I am a fully qualified teacher working in a special school who has helped students with their welfare needs so please don't suggest that there is anything wrong with that at all.

I'm glad you think you're doing OK without the meds, but stopping cold turkey really isn't the best plan - and if your mh is going to crash then it's more likely to after cold turkey....

I made absolutely no reference to dating, dating sites or 'playa's'. My comments referred to your attitude towards our incredible health system and the people who staff it - who go to work every day solely with the aim of helping people