Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    I may do, I find though that I'm nowehere near as bad as the people there. Its also a bit strange being the only young person, I think its 'caus more matured people don't care about the stigma as much . My 2 main issues really are social awkwardness and a lack of direction but all the speech in the world is not gonna solve that, only I can.

Being somewhere, around people (like the voluntary place I'm writing from) really does help. I dread going home 'caus when I really sit down to think what career to take I get stressed out & anxiety overwhelms me .

SA89
    Feel so alone right now.. its so disheartening knowin people are livin life to the full with things to do & people to see. I'm sick to death of feelin miserable year after year..

How are u expected to be happy when u're so lonely? Or when u felt 'empty' for so long.. I definitely have some social anxiety & its always restricted me. I'm just so fed up with my life (or lack of) & can't take this misery any longer ..

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Have you been back to your gp and told them how things are and how your feeling
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Have you been back to your gp and told them how things are and how your feeling
    ye he just sent me away on drugs as usual -_-.. I suppose thats all they can do, we can only help ourselves as they say. The world doesn't meet u half way. I had an assessment for counselling recently but thats weeks off. I think the key is to find some sense of direction like I said previously because ur wellbeing tends to even itself out. Direction being in prospects & relationships, both mine of which to be f u cked atm. When u find some sense of hope ur confidence naturally improves, I'm just completely lost & this despair is such a struggle to push through. Sorry for bein so negative .

You don't have to apologise for being honest about how you are feeling.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Dont apologise hun
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Feel so alone right now.. its so disheartening knowin people are livin life to the full with things to do & people to see. I'm sick to death of feelin miserable year after year..

How are u expected to be happy when u're so lonely? Or when u felt 'empty' for so long.. I definitely have some social anxiety & its always restricted me. I'm just so fed up with my life (or lack of) & can't take this misery any longer ..
    Honestly, hunni, peoples lives aren't generally what they seem. What people post on social media is posted through Rose tinted glasses.

What meds did your dr give you, and are you taking them?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Honestly, hunni, peoples lives aren't generally what they seem. What people post on social media is posted through Rose tinted glasses.

What meds did your dr give you, and are you taking them?
    My doc gave me Fluxotine 20mg, been takin thm for a few nights now at 10pm. I agree with u that people put on a facade to make thm look gd. Its frustratin 'caus people at my work are so obnoxious & vulgar but they're all together in a 'clique' and thats the only 'circle' I associate with. At homes no better.. my brother is the most vile, aggressive person u could imagine yet girls love him! . I've been considerate & selfless all my life & for what when these p r icks get it handed to them .

Glad you've been taking them, but just be aware they take a while to start working.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hunni, you've got 2 things being put into place 1. Anti-depressants which will likely take several weeks to really get working and 2. You're waiting for a counselling appt. I know waiting for these to take effect is hard, but they're both really positive treatments. It'll take a little while but they will help. You've just got to trust in what your doctor is doing and be kind to yourself over the next few weeks
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.