Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I made absolutely no reference to dating, dating sites or 'playa's'. My comments referred to your attitude towards our incredible health system and the people who staff it - who go to work every day solely with the aim of helping people
Ah well I apologize but I don't have an attitude with the health system. I'm just at a point were it feels like they feed me these pills just to get me out the door, its like I'm going round in circles & that's pretty much the reason why I've quit these pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
SA - sweetheart, doctors deserve far more pay then they get and Paula and Jaq are right - there are many other meds, not just 4 and there are loads of different options for therapy.
Re social and care work - what kind of job is it you want? Surely as you've been talking about it for as long as I've known you, you'd have followed what jobs come vacant etc? As to not spending your time "wiping arses" I find that incredibly insensitive and that shows no respect to the client base at all. My Mum worked in an old peoples nursing home for years and I am a fully qualified teacher working in a special school who has helped students with their welfare needs so please don't suggest that there is anything wrong with that at all.

I'm glad you think you're doing OK without the meds, but stopping cold turkey really isn't the best plan - and if your mh is going to crash then it's more likely to after cold turkey....
I think the pills gave me the illusion that they were 'helping' my depression but really I can't see much difference from being off them, granted its been 2 weeks. My depression is categorized as 'moderate' I think from what what CBT tests have revealed. So in that respect maybe they wouldn't affect me as they would someone with severe depression. Although my depression has been persistent throughout my twenties. I went out tonight, got absolutely off my trolley and I was the life & soul of the party. I was going up to people and chatting with a confidence I've not felt for as long as I can remember & this is 2 weeks since goin cold turkey from Setraline. I even smooched with a lady who happened to be a manager. Its like I'm using energy that's been in reserve for so long that was suppressed from the medication. That's why I say question everything if ur on the moderate scale at least. With regards to social care I just want to work face to face with people with various issues really from the psychological aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
Paid handsomely by the NHS? Really? Don't believe everything the Government and the media tells you. And for the record, there are actually 27 licensed antidepressants on the market. There aren't 4 main ones, there are common ones that tend to work better for most people. Quite frankly, I think advising people to question everything doctors tell you, is dangerous and short-sighted. They undergo 10 years of training just to be able to practice as a GP and are constantly having to train to keep up with new treatments and developments. Google is not an adequate resource. And that's the problem with depression isn't it, we're quite often not in our right mind. I haven't seen a single GP who thinks pills are the only solution; counselling, CBT, mindfulness, exercise to name but a few.
I should have re-phrased it better tbh, with mine at least it feels like I'm goin round in circles, I dunno.. He did tell me to make lifestyle changes & stop searching for this 'magic' pill. I guess its because he's been my GP for so long now that I've just been really frustrated with the lack of progress on my depression and anxiety. The last 2 weeks though I've been like a completely different person socially. People who see me day to day have said they're shocked because they see me as being the 'nice lad in his room'. In regards to anti-depressants they only prescribe the 4 main types at my GP. I've spoke to them several times about what's on offer.