Page 109 of 124 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1237

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

You may have your meds with you but are you taking them as prescribed?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Oh hunni I’m so sorry things are so tough
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

You can do this. Are you taking your meds properly?
    Are you drinking and eating enough?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    You may have your meds with you but are you taking them as prescribed?
    ye I take it at 6pm everyday stella. I've only been back on them for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You can do this. Are you taking your meds properly?
    Are you drinking and eating enough?
    Yep lots & lots of water & a couple meals each day. Ive been getting a few hours sleep because its so humid but thats not an excuse for why I'm so socially awkward. I don't feel comfortable in this group im in turkey with except my mum oc.

I literally stay silent because I'm a complete outsider. The 2 gay guys are big personalities with their own businesses. I also feel very shy around girls. They keep sayin "hav u enjoyed it so far" & I nod my head when deep down I'm in deep despair. I don't feel any emotion so how can I possibly "have a laugh" like normal emotionally functioning people? ..

Have you tried to get to know the others? Even a little ?

SA89
    Have you tried to get to know the others? Even a little ?
    Its improved the past few days but the girls are so shallow. For instance, 1 of them said how she loves the "bad boys" & when a turkish guy flirted with her she said hes the perfect size (tall & muscular). She even bragged how she fancies my brother. Another girl said she see's me as a "brother".

As you can imagine all this makes me feel like s*** & doesn't help my confidence. I've dealt with this all my life, how I'm a nice guy & good looking yet I'm overlooked ..

What about other people there?

SA89
    What about other people there?
    I've not felt comfortable with any of them except my mum & her friend. I just don't mix well with confident people. Everyone is so proactive in life compared to me. They have their own business, car, friends etc. Theres another person in the group who is also isolated just like me. She goes off & does her own thing wereas I've been participating in everything. Today we went to a turkish bath for instance which I enjoyed.

Regardless of my crippling depression & anxiety I've engaged in every experience so far. But this holiday has reaffirmed to me how lonely & inadequate I am as a person. I burst into tears today when I lost our hotel keys. Who in their right mind reacts like that on holiday? ..

Why not go for an afternoon with the other isolated lady?

SA89
    Hey, it's been a while since I provided an update so here goes. The last few months have been a roller-coaster for me emotionally. Recently I've been attending training for working with challenging behavior. Being part of this positive environment in training has felt amazing & did wonders for my sense of well-being .

Then as time went on, due to the extensive background checks there was a delay in my file being signed off. After my last day in training I was told they were still waiting. At that point I was getting very stressed & burst into tears out of nowhere in the back of someones car. It wasn't a pleasant feeling to see everyone around me have their files sorted except me .

Then today I got the confirmation that my offer was withdrawn from the permanent role due to failing a portion of the training. I've been in floods of tears all day & I'm frustrated why some other people were given the go ahead to work despite having no experience whatsoever. Some even scored the same as me in that part of the training.

They've offered me additional support to pass that portion of the training. If I complete that, they've encouraged me to then join another part of their support team. I went cold turkey on my Setraline about a month ago so that perhaps explains my increased emotional state . However, for the most part, I've felt so much better off those pills. I feel liberated with a new lease of life coupled with the training I've been doing.