Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89

Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

This is the worst feeling imaginable.. Its in full force now for me & I feel so helpless . I'm sorry if this thread title seems rather cliched but it really is hell on earth inside the confines of a singular mind. That feeling of complete utter dread & despair. A future without a future. No direction, no friends, no hope.. I just want to break from the shackles of my miserable life but I don't know how. My reasoning is pathetic towards others, it stems purely from shyness. I'm in my room apart from when I go to a nightclub etc which is basically a minefield of rejection .

I'm 24 but I feel 54.. People don't seem to realise how demoralising it is to be isolated. Yet when I'm at work I'm surrounded by dkheads, Its so frustratin.. I've thought about studyin to be a counsellor or something in English literature but then there's the wall of debt that comes with any ambition. I'm quite short & I have a roman nose but that aside im not ugly lol. I just have cripplingly low self confidence.

I really hope some1 can relate to this. I just want to be loved & content like every1 else ..
    Last edited by Paula; 19-10-14 at 06:56 PM.

Mira
    I guess there are many here that can relate to what you wrote. I do want to say that this is a good place to be. The people here are nice and kind.

I am in my room so much lately and I only think of the worst things. I think very poorly of myself. Low selfesteem is something I have to. I tend to think everybody is a better person then me and I find something bad in the best things that happen to me

Have you been to your doctor? See what he can do for you?

So you are not alone here on dwd. It's nice to meet you.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

purplefan (06-05-14)

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I guess there are many here that can relate to what you wrote. I do want to say that this is a good place to be. The people here are nice and kind.

I am in my room so much lately and I only think of the worst things. I think very poorly of myself. Low selfesteem is something I have to. I tend to think everybody is a better person then me and I find something bad in the best things that happen to me

Have you been to your doctor? See what he can do for you?

So you are not alone here on dwd. It's nice to meet you.
    ye i was takin anti D's for a while but they didnt really help. But now I've stopped takin them just recently & I've noticed i'm cryin a lot more. It really hurts knowin I feel like this & their r people gettin married etc.. I clearly have social anxiety yet the doctor won't diagnose it. He just gives me questions to fill in. Its the loneliness thats the killer. Stressin over my career options would be a lot more bearable if I just a group of friends..

Hi, welcome to DWD. ADs can take a while to work and often the GP will start us at a low dose, intending to increase if we see some benefits.
    I think you need to go back to the GP and explain how things are.

Crouching Hitwoman, Hidden Tea Lady amaeru's Avatar
    Hi SA89 and welcome to dwd.

When was the last time you saw your GP hunni? - did you come of the ADs gradually at their suggestion? - if you just stopped taking them this might explain how you are feeliing right now.
    Please go back and see him/her and tell them how you are feeling. Many of our members have found it helps to write things down for them rather than struggle to express how you feel in a 5 minute appointment.

I totally agree wrt the doctors. Go back and tell them how things really are for you. Write it out as a list so you can just hand that over if it's easier...

It's lovely to meet you, welcome to DWD.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi and welcome, I agree with all that's been said. Also, just because one type of AD doesn't work, doesn't mean another won't. Hope you'll see your GP again
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    I just stopped abruptly after a year on them without consultation . They stopped me cryin & made me less anxious (I think) but I was still depressed & they made me really drowsy. Last night though I felt extremely anxious & depressed, I couldn't stop cryin . I get those moments a lot & its intensified. The thing is; depressants are not gonna give me friends, a gf or a sense of direction. If anythin they make it harder because they make me more tired. All my life iv secluded myself to my room & when I'm out i'm really socially awkward. People like my company but not enough to fit into their cliques if u know wt I mean. I just feel so lonely & its hurts so much .

A life in constant misery isn't worth living..

Stopping suddenly is going to give withdrawal symptoms and make you feel worse, it really isn't wise to come off them without medical supervision, lovely. You're right, ADs won't change your life circumstances but they will help support you while you make the changes you need. Please go back to see your GP
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I totally agree with Paula.